Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.

Septic tank compliance

  • 29-11-2021 10:54pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 2 DarkHero1


    Hi

    We recently have went sale agreed on a property and during the survey by our engineer, issues were raised over the septic tank.

    It's position is not in line with planning conditions and it is not the stated make as per the planning permission.

    The sellers engineers opinion on compliance basically stated this outright so now it seems the bank cannot/will not issue funds until a cert of compliance is issued.

    The seller is not in a position to rectify the matter but is open to any solution we can come up with to foreclose the sale.

    Has anyone come across this before and are there any ideas on solutions for us and possible costs?!

    Thank you



Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭ Biker1


    The only option is to ensure the septic tank complies with planning. Either the seller does it or reduces the price to allow you to.



  • Registered Users Posts: 2 DarkHero1


    There is no issue with reducing the price. But can't get the bank to sign off on funds without the compliance cert and can't get the compliance cert without the work being done.

    Thanks



  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 43,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭ muffler


    I had a client a few years ago who was in a similar situation. The buyer didnt have a mortgage and after 12 grand was knocked of the asking price in lieu of providing a new treatment system the deal went through. My client did have to apply for the planning though which was granted.

    It looks as though the vendor will have to rectify the problem and then get it certified.



  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ociarba


    We went through the same thing about 3 years ago. It delayed us buying the house. The seller applied for planning to redo the system. A septic tank wasn't an option because we're close enough to a river. Planning was granted for a mechanical system eventually. Selling price was reduced by 10k and we took on the installation. Our solicitor gave an undertaking that we would complete it so no issue with the bank. If planning not granted then the council are effectively saying the current situation is ok



Advertisement