Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paddy Cosgrave why all the hate?

• 29-11-2021 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭

As Paddy Cosgrave is talked about so much in other threads, isn't it time he got his own thread?

Why is he hated so much on here and why is he used to deflect from Leo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Here, this is why.

Kicked the hornets nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

The more I read about him the bigger a cnut he seems to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,420 ✭✭✭political analyst

He antagonises people. Why was he involved in the Village Magazine story about Leo Varadkar? What did Leo ever do to him?! He has fallen out with his now-former friends over the Web Summit.

People's hatred of Leo is bandwagon jumping.

People's hatred of Paddy is based on derangement (on the part of Paddy). Nasty piece of work. He used some made-up tripe about a nurse dying of Covid to have a go at the government, and didn't apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

People's hatred of a former Taoiseach and current Tánaiste is just bandwagon jumping?

The height of stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭72sheep

Young (now young-ish) guy who has rumpled the feathers of the thick Irish elite. Of course he's not without his annoyances but there's a whole segment of Irish public that will never view FFG and the IT/Indo in the same way ever again. It's a mystery that it took the Irish public so long. But seems we're thick too and you get the politicians you deserve. Paddy has made a dent in the Irish universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭buried

Unless he's related to some former politician or some make of RTE employee, or married into a family with such credentials, then this lad is on the short half burnt stick to nowhere

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭RonanG86

Having to pay someone off over a bullying claim would suggest there's more about him than 'annoyances'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,249 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He's just another knob head on Twitter looking for attention.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

self-important dose of a tech-bro. what's not to love?

Either absolutely every single media outlet in the land is in the thrall of the powers that be or he is a c*nt of the highest order or a bit of both. You decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

The media love a soap opera and driving clicks on their sites with gossip and drama and Paddy provides that. (Hence threads like this)

I think Paddy insulted a few of them on twitter so now we all get to watch as his dirty washing gets hung out in public.

As for "rumpled the feathers of the thick Irish elite", he's very much a member of the Irish elite himself no?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,636 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Hes an elitist twat who thinks hes the next steve jobs or bill gates leading the way in tech but hes really just a self important narcissist and half decent event promoter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,244 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

His reputation and the inside stories of how he runs things at Web Summit are terrifying. Goes from the (now public) accusations of bullying in the workplace, firing people for very little reason, paying peanuts and the bizarre one of expecting staff to wear jumpers designed by his wife in the summer in Portugal.

He didn't like it when he was told he wouldn't be getting any favours for Web Summit and packed his bags and left for Portugal, since then he has had a hard on for getting something over on the government.

Recently as well, he had a pop at Adrian Weckler from the Independent and then had to apologise for what he said. Seems like he has also burned bridges all over the shop at this stage as well.

I have a few pals that worked at Web Summit, their reviews are not great of it at all, and when you hear these kinds of stories about him, then it is pretty clear to understand why all the hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Are the Indo in bad form as they cannot get their snow, or some other problem? I do not see what Paddy Cosgrove has done to the Indo. If if he did act unfairly to an employee or employees, I'm struggle to see the public interest here. Even with its Belgian ownership some oligarch must have whispered into the ear of its editor. Incestuous isn't a strong enough word for the Irish ruling class (I won't call them an elite, they are the opposite of an elite).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Not a fan of his stick but there is clearly a hatchet job underway

The obviously orchestrated collective pile on from some of our main media outlets is very concerning to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭beachhead

Paddy -Leo.his daddy prob a former FG hack who got slighted 500 years ago,paddy jnr passed over for knighthood and cucumber sarnies in the aras

What's causing the foaming at the mouth rage so? Not mere dislike - hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Because he's a hypocrite.

Paddy Cosgrave admits he can be seen as hypocritical for launching a campaign against certain Irish tax structures, while availing of low-tax schemes in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

There's a lot to dislike (about both of them). A dishonest, arrogant pair of creeps, cut from similar cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,636 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

In what way? They are just reporting news, its nobodies fault but his if its negative.

I have never met a single person who worked for the web summit that had a good thing to say about him, a good friend of mine was part of the mass layoffs the week after the last Dublin summit, he then hired my friends assistant as a replacement for half the salary, by all accounts i heard this tactic was repeated across the company at the time. Of course hes perfectly entitled to do it but dont expecty anybody on the receving end to be singing your praises after it.

If nobody has anything good to say about him it could absolutely be that theres a co-ordinated agenda arrayed against him or its simply that hes a cvnt and theres not many people left willing to put up with his bullshit and happy to help shine up his sh1t for him anymore.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I understand there is currently a civil case in the Courts involving Cosgrave and therefore this thread is closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement