Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Bout Dem Bears?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,819 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Meh, there were only six trades in the whole league, so no point complaining. Aggressive must have meant trying to shift arob or Mack, but no buyers in the market.

Or he didn't see any value in accruing draft picks while weakening the present team, given that if they continue to lose this year he may not have a job. He needs the players here now to keep him in the chair. Either way it's meh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

godamn that was a kick in the balls , its the hope that kills you , started horrible , penalty count like that would kill most teams , fields had his best game

officials also made some terrible calls

in fields i trust

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭Christy42

Fields was incredible. Seemed like the game started with a flag against the Bears every time he completed a pass. Santos was pretty close but hey maybe a loss with a great Fields performance is for the best for the Bears. Certainly the disallowed TD and the taunting call were dumb and refs just wanting to be involved but a lot of those penalties were on the Bears themselves which is unacceptable from a coaching standpoint. How many times did they line up offside?

The Bears outgained the Steelers 414 to 280 but were whistled for 12 penalties for 115 yards, compared to five for 30 yards against the Steelers

from the athletic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭threeball

Bears were rode and the hip check by the ref on Marsh was so blatantly obvious that there should be an investigation into the official.

On the plus side Fields looks to be settling and getting used to life in the NFL. If his O Line can buy him a couple of seconds he looks like he could be a dangerous QB. A little flat footed when doing his reads for a guy who likes to run but the Bears definitely seem to have a more talented QB on their hands than the packers for the first time in decades. I think he could be lighting it up come week 16 and ending Packers divisional dominance next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The hip check thing is mad. What is he doing? It's as if his initial plan was to create contact with Marsh and then flag him for unnecessary contact with an official, but then realised his hip check was too obvious so made up the ridiculous taunting call. He holds his hand on the flag for 3-4 seconds and doesn't throw it until after the collision. If it was really for taunting why is he holding his hand on the flag for so long and not throwing it?

its like he's celebrating his own flag , a horrible call , marsh sacks the qb from the steelers, the team he was cut from in the 4th quarter

If I thought for even one second that they would face any consequences I'd live with it but you know they won't. This was just their most obviously biased decision, the no call on the hit on fields was much more dangerous, let alone the phantom block to cancel the touchdown. We had obvious terrible discipline issues but those three decisions are enough to bring the game into disrepute. Incompetence doesn't even account for it. Not exaggerating when I say I would like an investigation into that refs gambling habits. Infuriating.

that was horrible , nothing else to say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,048 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Have a funny feeling the Lions will get their first win of the season this Thursday. Probably 2 of the 5 worst teams in nfl maybe it will even end 0-0 after o/t.

• Advertisement

a win is a win i suppose but it was against an imploding lions team, 2 time outs called in a row , not something you see everyday

dalton did well , will naggy survive black friday ?

They probably were going to fire him tomorrow, but since it leaked they won't now because it'll make them look amateurish.

Don't think it really makes a difference at this point. Should've happened back in January.

The only thing more embarrassing than that bears performance was that lions performance. Oh and the circus during the week, which is a fairly solid sign that whenever they do get rid of Nagy (and I'm betting the original leak was correct too, otherwise the office would have jumped out to deny it that morning instead of letting it hang while they figured out what to do...I have a sneaky feeling the leak was pace actually), the hiring process will just lead us back to this spot again in a few more years. We are a terrible organisation.

Still, giving the lions their first win would have been worse. And my God did we try to do it, they just wanted the loss more, you have to give it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

It is so strange - at times we see buds of hope and progress. Totally dominant at times against a terrible team who are trying to shoot themselves in the foot (3rd & 32 twice!!!, not downing a punt inside the Bears 5 yard line, punt hitting a guys helmet & back to back time outs penalty!!!) yet we still somehow needed a last kick of the game to win???

How was it not a blow out? Yes Dalton got over 300 yards but he tried hard to get intercepted in the end-zone twice. The defense was again good for long periods but same as against the ravens last week. I feel we now have a defense that worries me - I think of some of the top teams of the past where the defense was a bend-don't-break style defense, teams might move the ball but getting into the endzone is tough. Bears defense right now feels like a rock-solid concrete wall, but there is a door that at (vital) times is left open for teams to streak through and get "soft" TD's.

Another tough watch , Dalton had a nightmare . that game was very winnable , the turnovers killed everything

lots of good things in the game but its a loss to that lot and rogers , i hate him

fields showed again that he has everything

jenkins had a tough game but he was thrown in with the injury to peters

nagy , 11 points down in the 4th and you have a 4th an inches and you punt , it shows the coach he always will be

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭Christy42

Fields has come on leaps and bounds. Keeps throwing high in the middle of the field though which is frustrating. That will result in more picks. Good pass for the TD pass and some solid all around play and awareness. I feel like short out routes result in more pick 6s than any other route in the game and all for the joy of a few yards if it works out.

• Advertisement

Hahahaha he is laughably incompetent. What exactly are they waiting for to fire him? It's time to bench fields so he doesn't get destroyed mentally and physically, and start playing all bottom of the roster guys to see what we have for next year. Nagy is a dead man walking, and has no incentive to think about the teams future. We have no playoff hopes and a lot of players have given up on the coaches anyway (including Arob who was a disgrace last night, I hope other teams are watching what he did and didn't do, because that's the kind of effort they can expect from him in any adversity), so what exactly are we gaining by keeping up this stupid charade that he is still the head coach?

My only hope is the rumours of major changes in the building. Better be true, if the McCaskeys can stomach looking at packer fans holding up posters of Rodgers being the "owner" of the bears, which he **** well is, let's be honest about it, and they don't realise something drastic is needed, then there's never going to be any hope for the team. Might as well sell it to bezos.

Was so depressing last night, even at half time when we had done so much exciting stuff and showed so much fight to go in ahead, I was dreading it. The realization that Nagy et al would just figure things worked in the first half and not anticipate any adjustments or make any themselves, that the defense however good it is doing is always good for at least one drive where they allow the opposition to trample them, that fields would throw up a handy pick, that the run would be abandoned, that the o line would crumble. None of what happened was new stuff. And a lot of the good stuff in the first half was not replicable, steady production, punt returns and what have you. It was all one off bonus stuff.

Plenty of highlights: Quinn, gipson, Grant, Montgomery. But dear God.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Epic Rant!

the key part there is 'HT' packers made adjustments , bears made none

defence good

offence HORRIBLE

It's an indictment of Matt Nagy and his staff's ability to evaluate players that Thomas Graham Jr has been on the practice squad all year and then has one of the best games a rookie DB has had in the league all season when given a chance due to COVID.

It's an indictment of Ryan Pace that a 6th round rookie CB played better last night than any other CB he has on the roster (apart from Jaylon Johnson).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,048 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

This has been a great season with lots of teams in the picture, but the Bears have gotta be the most disappointing and boring team in the league. Even Detroit, Jaguars and Jets play more exciting football.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

nick foles showing why he’s a super bowl MVP.

Lets not be ridiculous now. The Jags and Lions offenses are at best on par with ours. The Jags are the worst offense in the league PPG wise with only 14.5 points and our total YPG are identical at 308.

There's hardly any difference overall between the Bears, Jags, Lions and Jets offenses. All 4 are averaging less than 18 PPG and between 310 - 320 total YPG. Each team might have an 'exciting' game here and there but overall the stats don't lie. We're all awful.

• Advertisement

he played well , great attitude , really could have got game time elsewhere , Robert Quinn closing in on #1 for sacks

Advertisement