Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Los Angeles Rams thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

Wow. Interesting night.
    Peters out.
    Kenny Young in.
    Austin Corbett in.
    Jalen Ramsey in.

O line is in serious need of help so understand Corbett but not sure it’s enough.
    Few injuries at linebacker so not upset at Young.
    Ramsey is a serious upgrade on Peters but with Talib on IR for 8 weeks it’s still far from perfect.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The new Rams stadium is taking shape now despite the covid delays. That screen looks amazing.

Looks like a good draft class this year, I’m gonna miss Gurnley but Cam Akers is a hell of a draft pick.

With everything going on between new stadium I fear the rams will struggle this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good win for the rams. But it was definitely a case of cowboys blowing it over rams winning it.

The cowboys attempt to play 4th down instead of going for the field goal that would have made it 20-20 cost then the game.

Nice to be back in the divisional round.
    Also nice to see Packer fans being over confident.

Nice start for the Stafford era.

• Advertisement

It really was. Stafford looked good some of those long range passes were sweet.

Yeah the return of the deep pass is great and all of that but the last TD pass where he's in the pocket with chaos going on around him and he hits Woods at the back of the endzone is what has me excited. Thats a sack if Goff is in there.

Watched this on game pass. It was a lot closer than it should have been... some very sloppy play in 3rd quarter.

Reckon we lose that with Goff at QB. One wayward throw aside, Stafford again was great.

Very happy with that win. The team is shaping up very nicely. Stafford is looking great so far... worth the trade hands down.

I have a friend who's a Lions fan and as soon as we made the trade he messaged me going, Stafford is going to bring ye to the Superbowl. I wasn't convinced as he was with the Lions for so long, but it really was a case of him having nothing to work with. Great start to the season roll on next Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

After the first quarter of play, Stafford transformed into one of the best QBs in the nation for that day. His offensive team helped make it happen in protecting him and receiving his passes. But the Ram rushing game was almost nonexistent. A serious worry for future games. They need more offensive balance or they will pay dearly.

The Ram defense was grand too. Not sure how they could have done better against the former national champs.

I think the lack of running was down to two things.

1. The Bucs run defence is very good so its had to run on.
    2. We are down our two first choice backs and Michel was only picked up the last week of preseason and is learning the offence.

I'm not massively worried about this. They do tend to run more in the 4th quarter of games to slow it down and they've been ok at that. When Henderson is back and they can rotate him and Michel more it isn't a major concern for me.

If I did have a concern its how shallow we are at linebacker.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Agree that the new stadium was grand. Not sure if such games will be super spreader Covid events. We will see in the short run.

So glad that the Rams called a timeout to reconsider that 4th down play in the 2nd half. The 3 points FG was sweet and added score lead pressure with little risk of failure.

Well that should put to bed all the talk of a home town super bowl.

How they react will be important but that was a whoopin.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Kinda expected that after they beat the Bucs. A little bit casual against the cards.

You don't have to worry about the cards, they'll fall to pieces in about three weeks time.

Good bounce back win. Was vital to win that game as this division is a dog.

Well Rams took a hit then came back. Stafford wrapped finger. First wrap threw him off. 😛 second for a fix.

All in...

Who needs draft picks!

They really are pushing the boat out to try make it to the home town super bowl.

It’s fun times for rams fans. A far cry from 10 years ago and the decade before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Well the fun didn't last long.

Bobby 🎄🎄🎄 out for season with an ACL tear. OBJ will have big boots to fill. Woods did a lot more than catch passes.

They need to stop talking about super bowls and focus on week to week. No team that can't stop the run is going to a super bowl.

The Bucs lost a few before their by week last season so hopefully they sort it not and come back strong against the Pack.

The titans and 49ers just sliced through them the last couple of weeks.

Stafford needs to be a bit braver with the ball in hand and take a run now and again. He seems to always want to take on a pass that just isn't on.

A certain TD was missed in the 4th quarter if he had carried the ball, instead he threw and gave away a penalty.

Terrible record against the 49ers.

Rams need to develop their ground offense. To balance their passing game.

Awful quarter from the rams.

Offence completely toothless so far.

Another terrible performance.

Stafford is really struggling and McVay's play calling is not helping.

The defence has regressed massively from last season and I've seen fans blame Morris for this but when your offence is either score quick or three-and-out and your defence ends up playing 40 minutes per game them they are going to wear down.

Agree on mcveigh. The 4th down call in the 1st quarter was a bizarre call to say the least.

We are in serious trouble.

• Advertisement

Looking good today but in fairness we should be beating the jags.

Unfortunately the bears couldn't do us a favour earlier.

Advertisement