Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

Hey does anyone know where there at with the Kildare panel? I passed my etray in early August but haven't been called yet for an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Would anyone know what OOM has been called for interview for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 WishfullT

Hi there.

Can I ask, is this competition for a permanent role following on from probation?

I have received my contract this morning and I can’t seem to find anywhere to say Permanent, but 12 month is mentioned quite a bit.

Anyone any advice? I have sent an email back asking this question but I know it will be a few days before I get a response as they are so busy!

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭furrybones

These are permanent roles. You should clarify with HR to put your mind at ease.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

It's a weird thing in civil service recruitment. Your first contract is 12 months and, assuming you pass probation, you will receive a letter confirming your permanency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 VD91

I have had the same issue when moving from IPS across, they wouldn't allow wage carry even though I am aware this has happened. I just get sent to DPER every time and get mixed responses saying I was on an allowance for the environment in which I work - which makes no sense as it is a separate payscale altogether that doesn't specifiy 'allowance'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 VD91

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know what interdepartmental and external OOMs they have called to interview for Laois and Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Danger3000

Hi

Does anyone know anything about when the next open EO competition might be?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭upset12

Thanks for your reply , can i ask where you a grade 4 and did they start you on the same point? HR just phonned me and they suggested that i might have to go on the second point on the scale? ( im on the 3rd point of the grade 4 at the moment?) Its more than im on now but with the difference in leave entitlements i kinda hoped to start on point 3! Maybe it was wishful thinking on my behalf 🙈😅

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭upset12

It definitely isnt clear 🤷‍♀️ it seems different areas follow different rules based on some answers here .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

Goodluck to anyone interviewing today and later this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 maggie23

Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone has the spec for the role again so I can have a look.

or anyone an idea of the work involved.

Also coming from private sector, do you start on the base salary or can you ask to be moved a few points on the scale if you have external experience?

Also is it a given that you will have people reporting to you?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭divillybit

Just wondering if anyone here get called for interview for the Roscommon panel? I got a mid teens OOM etray result last month. Heard nothing since. Mustn't be too many new EO vacancies in Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 14 drogcam

I'm in Dublin batch 3. I'm in the 200s in OOM after E-tray. Had my interview yesterday. I was told the results will be in 2/3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭marty whelan

Definitely start on bottom of scale. Not a given that you will have staff reporting to you, depends where you get placed. I'd say most EOs would have staff though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Thanks, do you mind me asking what your OOM was before E-tray? I haven't heard anything since applying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LISAMC38

Good luck with your results. I had my interview on Monday and Im not hopeful of a positive outcome! Started off well but the second interviewer really threw me offcourse, think I managed to salvage something at the end but doubt it would be enough to pass :(

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

Very few taken from last panel. Are you still in the running for your second county? Pas may be able to tell you how many were taken from last panel or if you check the mobility map you will see how many EO positions in the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Whistledown

Hi, I was offered Dept of Education too but don't know which section as yet!

Hope you enjoy.....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 drogcam

I was in the 1200s after e-tray

Thanks very much. I felt it went ok for me. Was able to answer most things but I always doubt myself a bit after interviews. Fingers crossed for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Danger3000

I've just started in a new role, my first time in the civil service coming from the private sector. I started on the base even though I have lots of external experience. I don't have anyone reporting to me and I have basically been put in a clerical role. I'm (kinda) getting trained up by a clerical officer. I know it's a lottery where one ends up and what role you get but I hope you get luckier than me as what I have landed in is awful. I might have to quit soon, it's really bad. In addition, there is no option for any remote working even given the current govt WFH advice. 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭StevenToast

@Danger3000 Thats a tough break...maybe stick it out with a view to transferring elsewhere...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

I’m starting my new role in January after the Christmas break. Signed contract today and in the processing of transferring departments. I’ve only heard good things about my dept so hoping it’s true 🙂

I agree with @StevenToast - it might be worth sticking with it until you can transfer.

I had the exact opposite experience. I was in a CO role, and had all the responsibilities of an EO 😏

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Sorry to hear this but maybe if you stick with it there will be a chance to progress and transfer. I don’t mind so much not having staff responsibility, had a lot of that in my last role so the break would be nice.

what is the starting sort for this role, again I’m fine with it just thought it might be worth asking but might leave it if it’s a definite no.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I had to stay in DSP office for few months for training, but they have left me work from home now. Am using it as a stepping stone. Will have two years combined service in the New year. Am on the mobility list and will be applying for next EO campaign in July.

How long from when you got the email saying you were being offered a position to getting contacted by the personnel department did it take? I got an email lunch time on Monday and just wondering if it’s days or weeks?

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

I got an email from PAS to undergo clearance on a Tuesday, assigned to a dept on the Thursday and then the next day I got an email from dept HR with a formal offer of position.

I was Dublin interdepartmental though so less clearance work involved and no Garda vetting and way more vacancies to fill than regional so they naturally move quicker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 sj20111

Can you carry banked annual leave from elsewhere in the CS into your new EO position (if you come in thru the open competition as an EO here)?

I'm currently a CO in the CS, currently going thru clearance for this competition (open) in Dublin, so imagine I'll get an offer in the next month or so.

I'm sitting on 2-3 weeks of annual leave in my current CO job that I'd hoped to carry over into the new year, to use much later in 2022.

Can that banked annual leave simply carry over with me, if/when I am hired into a new EO position? Or would I have to immediately use up all my banked annual leave as I finish as a CO, then begin the new EO role, with no banked annual leave?

Advertisement