Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EasyGo charges on AC only chargers

• 23-10-2021 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi, looking for help please. I was charged €8 for 7kw in Clontarf on an AC only charger. Is there an overstay fee after 45 minutes on slow chargers, thought this had been removed? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭innrain

Yes ecars chargers easygo overstay for AC chargers. They've sent an email about it, maybe you missed it. It is on their social media. It is going to be resolved but starting from next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bixler3

Ok, many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭zg3409

I see easygo say esb are still applying overstay fees on AC long after they agreed to stop. Easygo said they had an agreement and are pushing for refunds. Seems as if esb did not fix their system yet.

• Moderators Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭zg3409

Easygo say today overstay fees on AC chargers are gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Hopefully they refund the money they stole from customers now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭reboot

I've read Tesla have started charging a dollar a minute for overstay, they of course use "Our" charge points,we can't use "they're "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭innrain

That was always the case. 5 mins after charging is complete and only if the site is busy. With ecars if you find yourself sharing a power restricted triple you can pay the overstay fee after getting 15kWh. The fact that ecars was charging overstay on AC for roaming is quite unfair and shows the need of regulator much as for mobile telcos. In few years maybe due to some EU regs as our own don't care.

I've also spent the last 8 years politely pointing out to ice drivers that they weren't to know that they'd parked in an EV bay, because Ecarni decided on the policy at many sites to only ,.paint one of the two bays with green paint.

When I asked Ecarni why this was the policy I was told " We don't want to upset too many drivers of diesel and petrol vehicles."

You can. Just buy a car that funded the network. Simples.

• Advertisement

Yes. The network was funded by EU taxpayer money, PSO levy, and general taxation.

Now it's pay per use and funded by the consumer directly, with a topup from general taxation in grants.

Try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

So, when the general populace of non-Tesla owners are allowed to pay a subscription fee, as with the pilot in the Netherlands, they are funding the Tesla network and can use the Tesla SuC network.

That's not the prevailing sentiment I've heard among Tesla owners, and there will still be desire to keep riff-raff away.

The subscription does not equal the amount paid by Tesla owners and should be higher. However other than that, yes, your point stands. Paying towards the network is the key tenet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The last figure we had from Tesla was that $1,500 per car sold was ringfenced for the SuC network (This is an excellent business model to help drive adoption and Tes, and fair dues to them for it)

The subscription fee for pilot users is €13 per month ($14.70 by the current fx rate).

So, the non-Tesla customer would have paid the same amount as a Tesla owner after about 8.5 years of ownership and could then use the SuC Network guilt-free. Or could even reverse roles and look down on the Tesla owners for not paying for the SuC network any more. 😄

In the mean-time, Tesla gets recurring income (which the financial markets like) and can use that the further expand the SuC network - as part of their 3x global growth plans for their next couple of years.

-- Apologies, I've dristracted from the original topic on the chat. eCars were still charging easyGo customers for overstay and then taking ages to refund. That's a ridiculous state of affairs.

Post edited by Fingleberries on

Just an observation from the rifraf in the village of Newcastle, Co.Down.

Hastings Hotel,Slieve Donard had 2 Tesla CPs installed at the back of the building.

In all the years since then,I've Never seen a Tesla plugged,instead they plug in to the Ecar 22kva about 100 yards away. Fair enough you say,why not.its a wee bit closer to a rear door.

Insidently the management tell me that they decided I should be resident,book in overnight to avail of the Ecarni CP.

Disappointed,and cold and wet I pop into the village and do ten minute shopping, hoping to plug into the CP which is 200 yards from said hotel and at the bottom of the village.

You can only guess my surprise to find the afor mentioned Teslas has now moved from the hotel CP to this one.

For reasons I won't bore you with ,( concerning earth impedance),I return home and look forward to attempting a charge another day,sadly 12 mile less in the wee battery.

Sounds like you bought the wrong EV for your needs if you are relying on a public destination charger.

As I'm sure you know,in rural areas earth impedance varies greatly, N.I.E settled on a standard of 200 ohms. I presume they hadn't EVs in mind at that time. They measured my CP location, and revealed it to be 500 ohms. But I digress.

Advertisement