Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Climate change protest

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Thinking on Basses point, should they not be protesting each other!?

What’s stopping the increased fuel price from being passed down the line only themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I've been saying that for years about beef farmers and have only got abuse for saying it (mainly from you)

Authors of their own demise, you know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

I agree it’s what farmers should do? Cut production.. put subsidises as far away from production as possible and I would challenge you to find anywhere in my long list of alias identities on this that I ever said different.. (whiskey induced madness might be my downfall here but I don’t think so)

In 2019 We wanted everyone to try just that. Withdrawal of supply of goods until something resembling a realistic price was paid. not even a profitable price just something that made a decorum of sense.

The most outspoken individual against it was a semi retired sheep farmer...,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

The point that comes accross is that the truckers are not sure who they should protest against. High fuel prices are here to stay and the knock on effects. Government taxes on fuel are no worse than anywhere else in EU.

I was reading the feedback from the IFA's protest. They want the government ''to engage with them''. However they are not publicising what they are protesting against. On Sunday an artist trying to sell a few paintings for a 100-300 euro commented on hat he did not either but there was tractors there that were worth 500k, maybe an exaggeration. However you get the impression the IFA want to negotiate behind closed doors for a limited cohort if larger farmers.

With this trucker group you get a he impression they just do not understand that only as services are reduced will prices increase. However I expect that there is a cohort of truckers that have over borrowed.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Get the timing wrong and it’ll be the last thing you inject for a while.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭GNWoodd

The price of food has to go up , by how much is the question . Why aren’t those looking for climate change mitigation measures being asked how much extra they are prepared to pay for a basket of Agri produce ? They won’t be asked on RTE that is for sure. They have all the answers as to how much the herd should be reduced by but never mention the inevitable additional cost to the consumer .

Interestingly it is is being talked about in other countries . I see a former head of Danone predicting that both energy and food costs will rise significantly .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭green daries

No it won't be talked about they won't even answer on a private forum.

The biggest problem with the current rise in consumer prices is the fact that there's no reduction in agricultural output at all yet it's all energy related (gas mostly)

Advertisement