Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hansfield Area

• 18-10-2021 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, myself and my partner are thinking about bidding on a house in the Hansfield area in Dublin 15 near Ongar. We have a baby on the way and have been reading up on the area, and read some good and bad things, like any area I guess, but just wondering if anyone knows the area well, and if it's a nice and safe area to live? Many thanks for any insights/info you can provide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Sent you a PM. Would steer clear unless buying in one of the way more established estates away from all the new construction. Be prepared to use your car a lot despite the amazing connectivity the estate agents tend to harp on about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I live in Hansfield Wood, I really like it. Short cycle to school/preschool. I work from home so no commuting problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 at17

Hi,

Hope you all are keeping well.

We are planning to buy a house and liked one in The Green, Hansfield Wood, Clonsilla, Dublin

However, we are wondering if this is a safe and convenient location for a young non Irish family.

Please advice on this neighbourhood, if there is any anti social behaviour or how is the place in terms of school, grocery markets and connectivity basic necessities to live with a family.

Thank you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭victor8600

It's a new development. I would guess it had no time to build up the anti-social element yet, you are free to be the founder of the neighborhood mafia. In other terms, it has a large Lidl nearby, varied shops in the Ongar village, two train stops (Hansfield and Clonsilla), new schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The usual anti-social stuff you'd expect from any estate. Mostly a few chancers trying your car doors at 3 in the morning. Lots of non Irish families in the estate. No one cares where you're from. You'll have to put up with a lot of development work for the next 3-4 years as the estates are finished. Not a major issue, you'll have to clean your car more often is all really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement