Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can the ESB come onto private property and start digging to repair a fault without permission?

• 17-11-2021 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭

I am assuming maybe they can but the following happened today,

I live in a small estate. The common areas are owned by the OMC. This morning a large civil contractor came in, erected some men at work signs, parked a HGV and a van on the footpath and started digging a trench, removing a planted hedge at the entrance.

I walked over at lunch time to ask them what they were doing and at whose direction. The gentleman told me it was an electrical fault and he was waiting on the ESB to come and repair now that he had dug up the area.

No one in the estate or any member of the OMC was informed of these works.

To me its the same as parking in someones drive way and digging up their front garden, albeit this piece of land is jointly owned by 20 houses rather than one.

Is this permitted?

Comments

Advertisement