Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

waiting time for new bikes

• 21-11-2021 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

was asking in shop about new bike but seems to be no indication about when i can expect one not urgent and only looking for another entry level bike but not sure its worth even ordering one at this stage is it the same all over?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Cyclesuperstore are getting some bikes in every now and then. Give them a shout, might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭secman

If you're willing to travel, Revolve cycle shop in Gorey have a large selection of Trek bikes.

Entry level Trek road bikes are a bit of a piss take in terms of price/spec these days and they are not alone unfortunately :(

On the plus side they are among the best looking entry level bikes this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Certainly prices have gone up seems any bike with 105 is around 1.6k now from what I have seen .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I got a bike for my daughter for Christmas and the guy in the store was telling me that there is a massive issue with logistics, he said effectively the factory can say when the bike can be shipped but the delivery bit is just a mess and no one will give firm dates as they just don’t know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,056 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Don't even consider halfords for a kids Christmas bike, even last year parents were let down. Disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

No it was a proper bike shop. Luckily they had what I wanted in their warehouse

Limerick city chap has a bike shop on left hand side as you drive into city ..his shop is packed with bikes in stock usually and don't have to order..buy on the spot..I think it's o Connelly avenue

It's called the bike shop..it will be hard anywhere else to get a bike over brexit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

brexit is not the main issue with getting bikes. bikes aren't made in britain, bar a few select makes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I was looking at a Scott in Wheelworx last week with a sticker press of €8999.

Care to hazard a guess as to what groupset was on it for that money?

Ultegra mechanical.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

scott have always being stupidly priced anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I ordered a bike from CSS in August, they're now expecting delivery in February!

That seems to be in line with a lot of places hopefully you will get it then but don't bank on it .

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Some places definitely have stock - CSS even have a specific section for in-stock bikes on their website.

My LBS (360 in Clontarf) also have live stock on their site, some of which are entry level types. It's worth ringing around a few shops, I expect you'll find something to suit.

cheapest carbon road bike is 2.3k - and the next cheapest, at 2.4k, comes with tiagra!

the cheapest alu e-bike in stock is 2.5k, but they do seem to have a fair few e-bikes available.

Seems if you are flexible with what you will buy there is something out there maybe not so easy if you want a particular bike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Those maths no longer seem to apply. Built bikes now seem to be greater in price than the sum of their parts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I was in the new wheelworx in Finglas. Modtly Trek bikes. Prices are eyewatering for some of the stuff, and i don't think the shop will be long there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,336 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

they are one of only 4 (5?) official Trek dealers in the country. Basically they have to take whatever Trek give them and its usually high end stuff.

there is so much second hand stuff online for entry level bikes I wouldn't go near a shop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The Canyon Endurace CF7 with 105 is €1,550. €50 more than when I bought mine in 2016. Doesn't come with GP5000s this time but still Conti rubber, Shimano all round, CF seat tube, Selle Italia saddle. Currently sold out, but interesting to see considering the cost of entry level bikes going up so much. The aluminium 105 is €1,250 but the Tiagra one is €1,050. I hear the new Tiagra is on par with 105 these days so would do the job? Lots of stuff out of stock but from what I've seen they're at least getting a lot of budget stuff in various sizes and not just all high end stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I was looking at some of the Canyon's the other day and felt that there was still some good value there, particularly the rim braked models e.g. the Ultimate CF SL 8 which is 2299 and right on 7kg, or the Endurace which is half a kilo heavier but 300 cheaper - both would be great bikes if you do most of your riding in good weather particularly. Stock is not great though

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Shoco83

Ordered a trek domane al5 in September last year on the BTWS, still haven’t got it, latest date I was given was 27th December, can’t see that happening with Christmas.

Ive paid back the company I work for but the voucher has expired, I contacted the company that manage the BTWS were I work and they said there is no problem extending the voucher, and it’s happened quite a bit.

I only ordered the bike as I have a BTWS available, good job I’m not depending on the bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Hollingsworth in Kilmacud have 2022 Bianchi and Cube in stock. They have a lovely Agree for just over $3k. Think it had wireless Sram on it but I can't swear to that

Advertisement