Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grand Slam of Darts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Great game though, proper old school with both of them near their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The QFs look interesting

Two hard games to call in the top half

I reckon Wright will have too much for Sherrock

MvG to annihilate Smith

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

There's a little bit extra riding on the Wright v Sherrock match if my maths are correct. If Sherrock wins that means she'll earn a minimum of 40k from the Grand Slam and she already has a minimum of 7.5k from the World Championships. This would put her on 47.5k which should be enough to put her into the top 64 and so earn a 1 year tour card.

So basically Sherrock is playing for her tour card against Wright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Tough ask for her if Snakebite plays anything near his best

He's pretty unpredictable these days though, so she has a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Timmy O Toole

Van Gerwen is finally looking back to his best isn't he. Can't see anyone one left getting near him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I was really confused when watching as I knew he scored 42 and I thought he had 82 left but then Webster said the graphic was wrong and he had 78 left. As the marker got it wrong it's still a valid leg but he only scored 497 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

No, it's just down to how the Slam works in the knockout stages. It's the only way to ensure that the seeded players will play 1/8 2/7 3/6 4/5 in the knockouts, assuming both make it through their groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Timmy O Toole

I was sure the marker had gotten it wrong aswell, I'm glad to read that as I thought I was going mad 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭shockframe

Has Russ Bray been with the PDC since the very beginning?

I like his style but he can't have long left with errors like this week.

• Advertisement

Well, predictions for tonight's fare?????????

I'm thinking Rob Cross, Johnny Clayton ( cause I detest/ can't stand Gerwyn Price😣) & the two obvious bankers.....MVG & snakebite.

Hoping & Hoping Clayton spends Price bigtime

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Any cliffs on what happened there? In pub with sound down but looked like Wade upset with marker?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Didnt think it was the marker. I thought it was someone off stage as both he and Cross looked well to the left. Maybe it was a shoutout or a fan broke towards the stage

Great game of darts......i thought Rob Cross was going to ' climb the mountain ' there, gave it a right good lash.....fair play to Wade

Looked frosty at the end too

Cross not happy at the end there I'd say, wonder what happened

Good game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Good session from Clayton, back in the match now

Some dropoff from price the last few legs, he was brilliant at the start

Something between ref and Price there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Interesting to see Price roaring and flexing in that game, he didn't do that once in his last two games against Johnny. Felt he showed him too much respect.

Clayton's doubles were poor tonight and it cost him in the end.

Really hope he goes and wins the worlds now. Great guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

I think Sherrock will shock us again tomorrow, she's on a roll now and Wright is very wobbly these days. 7/2 on Sherrock is very generous.

I think Fallon is brilliant, great player....I AM a fan...... but really can't see her turning snakebite over this evening...... can't see it happening.....I think the showman will have a 3+ cushion by the final dart

I think Wright will win handy, 16-6

On Fallon at fours.. I fink she'll not crumble against Wrighty.. He's no cert given how he's reported to be playing.. Think the 1/12 about Price to beat that 21yr old was more generous than the ~1/8 about the clown.. She could well be hammered, no doubt, if Peter can bang in the 140/180s, but he's not guaranteed to be on his game... Can't ignore Sherrock at what look to be big odds..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

She’s done brilliantly but can’t see anything but a comfortable evening for Peter.

TbL

Wright really should be making easy work of Sherrock

Hope Smith wins..

Smith coming out all guns blazing, MVG making a mess of double 18

Lovely bull finish by Smith.. "No emotion" 😊

• Advertisement

This is the way darts should be, high quality and fast pace

Advertisement