Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Online Competitions/Raffles

• 16-11-2021 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭

Does anyone on here do them and are they legit?

There is one on at the minute for:

• 2020 MF 5713S & factory fitted loader. 1000 hrs.
    • 2020 VW Amarok V6. 41k miles
    • New Honda 520cc quad & quad trailer
    • 14' IW trailer full spec

Or £100,000

£34 per ticket. 6995 entries available. So their sales from tickets is £244, 615.

Are these things a con - seems everyone is running them now. Would you take £100,000 in cash over the items? Nice margin for those running it - ~ £150k.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

I'd call them a con, even though I don't think they are breaking any law but its a grey area and surly they would have to have some form of license to operate.

Either way anything like a lottery is just throwing away your money

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭tanko

It all depends on how they pick the winning ticket, how exactly do they do that. Wasn’t there a well known one a while back where someone in the background was heard to say “oh s**t wrong number” when the “winning ticket” number was generated by a computer programme? Can you trust people to operate the draw fairly. A man near me won a tractor recently on one of these draws but the saying “fools and their money are easily parted” comes to mind also. I wouldn’t do them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Mushy06

i won a Massey 5455 last year in one of those comps. Once you can see the draw live you're ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I know two people who have won on these draws.

First cousin won a BMW.

lad at work won a Ford tractor 6610 I think it was. However it has no tax book and all attempts he made to get one have hit a brick wall. He’s stopped trying as he’s not too bothered but I think myself he’s afraid it’s stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭White Clover

Know of a lad who won a 8340 and same story re tax book. He kept badgering them and got them to give him the value of the tractor and got them to take away the tractor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭White Clover

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Neighbour won a jeep+trailer+Digger with lucky day. Would have been highly dubious before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Have been about 6 different winners around me, big margin to be made from them.

Advertisement