Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

When games were blacked out with the old company years ago, I think it was for 24 hours after the game finished (not kick off) ... Maybe the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yes you are correct, did not realise that.

Packers Seahawks is up now.

Thanking you

• Registered Users Posts: 39,422 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah 24 hours and thankfully that changed a good few years as I think it used to be a week. It’s a pain in the arse but it’s not that bad really as nobody’s team is on sky every week. And remember when the playoffs and Super Bowl were blacked out ? It’s gotten a lot better but my issue is why Ireland is still lumped in with the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭markc91

Afaik the prime time games tnf,snf and mnf are not blacked out even though there on sky

No they aren’t and neither are the game this season that will be Saturday later in the season(I think it’s two games) and neither are the thanksgiving games next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

https://support.nflgamepass.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360005230094-Blackout-games

What games are affected?

Two (2) games each Sunday during the Regular Season

What games are not affected?

• All Monday, Thursday and Sunday Night games
    • All U.S. Thanksgiving Day games (Thursday 25 November)
    • All Playoff games
    • Super Bowl

Additional game restrictions may be added throughout the season due to regional broadcast rights.

This may be of interest to some but they updated the app last week and the game in 40 for the ravens and steelers which was the second game on sky yesterday is viewable and the full game replay is still blacked out but you can watch the game in 40 as I said which I don’t think was always the case. I realise this isn’t a work around the live game being blacked out but it’s something.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

How in the name of all that is good and holy do I unsubscribe from GP? Now that I know they make it so difficult, I'm going to have to, on principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Got the email today. Still the Brazilian price from when I lived there. Sixty something quid for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Giving up the gamepass this year because the blackouts are finally being enforced. Have had it for the past 4/5 years but last year was the first year the Sky games were blacked out for me. Couldn't find a VPN to get around it either and tried it across multiple devices (phone, TV, laptop and PlayStation). Was on the Indian price myself but even still, not worth it when the best games at a reasonable hour are unavailable. I might subscribe for the playoffs depending on the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I went with it again after a lot of thought. I still think it’s reasonable value, especially given I live in Brazil.

Im a Redzone man for the most part unless my own team (Steelers) are playing so it’s probably only going to impact me a handful of times during the season and if there is a game I absolutely can’t miss there is always the Now TV 24hr pass for a tenner.

For somebody that wants to watch the pick of the weekends games each week Sky might work better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I'll almost certainly renew as I'm Brazil which works out about €70.00 at the moment it's still good value for nearly 90% of NFL games live and all the archives

The re-introduction last season of the Sky blackouts on Sunday evenings was ridiculous but I have turkish sports app SSport+ as a backup as they often will also show the same blacked out game particularly the 9.25pm Fox game

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Some amount of people "living in Brazil" on this thread 🤔😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

living in Brazil myself and on the fence whether to resub this year. only 70 quid but i have all the games streamed on my iptv, i only really wanted it for the game in 40 mins. But to be honest, the youtube highlights 4/5 mins long do me and i watch more of them so catch up on more games than watching 1 or max 2 games at 40 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Maybe someone can advise on the best thing to do.

My boyfriend is in Brazil, but he forgot to update his cc details for Game Pass so his sub expired. He is now trying to renew but the only option for Pro seems to be BRL 720.00 (approx 141euro) as opposed to the cheaper price of BRL 385.00 (approx 75euro).

Is there anyway to get the cheaper 'price freeze' price? He has Game Pass for the last 5+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kjm3

I had a similar problem, your VPN isn't on. I was getting the BRL 720 price until I used the VPN and I got the BRL385 price which came through as about 75 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Anybody not been charged yet? I don't seem to have been charged but I am renewed.....I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Hey folks, I just signed up and wondering if this is normal behaviour on the firestick app. Any game I click on pops up for a sec, then I just get the NFL logo with moving graphics in the background for about 3 mins and then the game eventually comes on. Is this normal? Thought you would be able to click between games seamlessly

• Registered Users Posts: 15,166 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams

Are people blacked out for the Pats/Dolphins today? I'm not, and I wasn't blacked out at all last season. I can't figure out why.

Signed up through Brazil but I have no VPN on now.

• Advertisement

It’s been horse **** on this opening weekend. If it’s not the audio being fucked up its something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Is the issue I mentioned above just part of the horrific service this weekend or have you seen anything like that before? It's bizarre. Considering cancelling after the free trial because this would drive me mad every week.

Edit- just tried again for the end of the games and the above isn't happening any longer. But the picture quality is now brutal. Showing as resolution as 512x288. Do they not care about this app.

Post edited by cmac2009 on

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Max Q

Anyone having sporadic issues with gamepass in the last 24hrs? I've had no active subscription showing up on my account thus can't view any content. Have also had issues trying to log out and back in again on the app and web browser. Just me or anyone else having issues?

I've been on to support about it, no resolution yet just offered me a 5 day temporary access login.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If anyone that had the Sky games blocked out last year can let me know if they're still blacked out this year I'd appreciate it.. Would like to get the gamepass again but not worth it for me if games are blacked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Yes games are still blacked out for 24 hours...thats with a normal non VPN subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭boccy23

I came into this season determined to watch a full game either on Sky or on Gamepass rather than watching Redzone. Watched the 2 Sky games yesterday and I have to say, I think that Redzone ruins the game to watch. You never see the flow of the game, the way that singular plays / events can change the game, the defense and adjustments that are made and focuses instead on the big play and fantasy (betting) side of things.

I know I will probably be in the minority in saying that Redzone is a poor way to watch the game, but at the heart if it, I think watching a full game is so much more enjoyable. On a side note watching the games on Sky, I think that Daunte & Jason do a very good job. A lot less ads than previous years, good discussion and a good chemistry between the 3 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I enjoy redzone and then watching the highlights of pats games next day. Also buccs games at the moment due to TB12

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya I like redzone for most Sundays but will always watch the packers games in full when they are a 6pm or 9:25 start. If they start at 1am then I'll usually watch the game in 40 the next day.

Redzone is a great way to get into the game, especially when you hear people that complain about all the breaks and stoppages. In fairness at times it can be a bit of a slog to get through full games.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Your 100% correct. And I'd go so far as to say Redzone is bad if you're only learning the game as you don't get to see much or learn from long drives or explanation from the commentary...I learned from the long game that used to be on Channel 4 in the 90's, mostly from John Madden & Pat Summerall! And for me, I'm a Niners guy since the 90's and not watching any other full games not involving the Niners until the playoffs. Redzone gives me enough and negates having to watch a highlights package which is even worse! That said, I wouldn't have minded seeing the Niners Broncos on Redzone because that was a tough 2 hours and 17 minute (minus the ads) watch!!!

• Advertisement

Well today it’s decided it’s not going to work at all anywhere.

Advertisement