Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid reinfection after 1 month??Is this possible?

• 13-11-2021 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I tested positive just over 1 month ago still have some lingering symptoms cough,chest pain and fatigue but 2 days ago I started to get a sore throat,headache,fever,worsening cough etc again which is just how it all started for me originally so I am starting to wonder is this happening all over again or was it not fully gone in the first place.Is there any point in me getting another PCR test for work etc?I was off work for a month only back a few days but was sent home due to my symptoms.

Thanks for any help/advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If you've been sent home from work then you should book a test or have a chat with your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

You can't get another PCR for nine months as you will most likely test postivie again from the original infection. Get yourself an antigen, Tesco have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭Raichu

it's hard to say definitively I think if it's 100% possible or impossible but the good news is your symptoms could just be a flu or cold, which is obviously unfortunate seeing as you were just over one illness (or just getting over it), but regardless you should definitely get another test and be sure.

I'm not sure if there's been reported cases of someone catching covid twice in a row like that but there's no point in speculation on the matter you're best bet is just to get it checked. as I'm sure you're well aware anyway, like I said it could be a cold or flu and they have very similar symptoms so it might be absolutely nothing - but always better to be safe than sorry.

if nothing else having a negative test may mean you can go back to work which it sounds like you're eager to do since you were already off with COVID. However the liklihood the virus remained in you and basically went to sleep and woke up again is slim to perhaps 0.

but for what it's worth, it does just sound like you were unfortunate enough to pickup a cold. cough, sore throat and headache are the main symptoms of a cold!

Surely if they'd test positive from a PCR test then they would if they took an Antigen test no?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

You need to chat with your GP, simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Not nesccearcily the problem with the PCR is you can test positive with viral fragments of an old infection. It is why the HSE won't retest you for 9 months. Antigen will only show active infection.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

There are a LOT of doses going around OP and a lot of the symptoms mimic covid.Chat to your GP, but I would say it is by no means guaranteed that you have it again.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This

You cannot seek (and no=one can offer) any medical advice on this site

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement