Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BioFarm 2021

• 28-10-2021 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

The list if speakers and presentation titles have been released for BioFarm 2021. Approx 4 hours of presentations per day. Some interesting titles with a range of topics with my top 3 most anticipated:

1. Nitrates and water quality in Ireland - past present and future" - Jack Nolan DAFM

2. "Organic dairy farming observations from a practicing farmer" - Sean Condon

3. "Growing organic heritage grains - Research findings"- Grace Maher

Have watched videos from Jim Cronin, Cathal Mooney, Clive Bright, Klaus Laitenberger etc so rescuing on other speakers this time out.

Apparently the videos will not be made available on YouTube this time around.

Is it worth the €50 in your opinion? Anyone else signing up for BioFarm 2021?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭endainoz

I didn't bother getting a ticket this year as it's very similar to last year speakers wise. It's worth doing if you haven't before though I think. If the videos are coming out on YouTube though, all your paying for is to ask questions during the live presentations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I don’t think the video from 2020 were made available on YouTube either were they?

I have signed up - found last years very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭youllbemine

You are right, only 2019 BioFarm videos available on YouTube. I think I'll pull the trigger on a ticket. Plenty of interesting topics covered and can mosy through them over the next couple of months.

Any presentation titles that you'd fancy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭alps

Great show...

But Gibbons...ffs

That's the good thing about recordings, fast forward over the **** bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I thought Nicole Masters was excellent last year, and a NZ farmer, Hamish something was probably the best presentation. Enjoyed Christine Jones too…

This year I think Nicole Masters is back. I see Gerry Gillespie is there - seen some interesting stuff of his on biocomposts and the likes… There are some good Irish lads in there I think , Clive Bright, Cathal Mooney, Dave Beecher…

I am sure they are all worth a watch. That lad Hamish from 2020, I never heard of him before and I found him very good. So it could well be some lad or lady that you never heard of, you could find the most interesting…

Edit - I should say I am no expert. I know very, very little about any of this craic… Am only starting to look at it this past year really…

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭youllbemine

Have to say I'm very happy I paid the €50 for BioFarm2021. Really getting my money's worth.

My favourites from what I've seen so far were Cathal Mooney, Jim Cronin, Jim McAdam, Colm Flynn/Jonny Greene, Sean Condon.

Take home points are that we need to think local, look for a premium and there are plenty of resources and templates to follow whether you have a back garden or 1,000 acres.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Bought the pass but will look at it when I've time

Advertisement