Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New NOx VRT levy

1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

No matter what I do I can't get the right figure for a 2009 BMW 335i wagon on the revenue site, it only gives option for saloons and manual.

Looking to get it from Japan.
    2009 e91 335i
    95km
    Auto (obviously)

Can anyone give me a rough estimate on what I'd be handing over to revenue when landed?

I would imagine the revenue would estimate the value as the same as a saloon, after all, the saloon/estate e9x cost roughly the same
    Add on vat+import duties as it's from outside the EU
    And remember Irish insurance companies don't like insuring cars that were sold new outside the EU, so there will be a loading for that too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Just been talking to a dealer in Norther Ireland. He has a car I am interested in.
    Its English registered though, not Norther Ireland.

He told me he can prove he brought it into the country before Jan 1st and therefore it is not liable for VAT and customs duty.
    The rule states that the car must have been registered in Northern Ireland before January 1st 2021, to avoid VAT and Customs Duty.
    He said it is registered in the trade.

Anyone know if I am still liable for VAT and Import Duty if I purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭User1998

If you can prove it was in NI before Brexit then its VRT only

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

Neighbour of mine bought uk Reg jag from ni dealers few weeks ago and dealer gave them proof it was imported into ni in November 20 and they only had to pay vrt & small nox charge

NI dealers must have imported a ton of stuff before the end of 2020.
    Checked a few there for sale in NI and they're un-taxed since Nov '20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

W123-80's wrote: »
    Just been talking to a dealer in Norther Ireland. He has a car I am interested in.
    Its English registered though, not Norther Ireland.

He told me he can prove he brought it into the country before Jan 1st and therefore it is not liable for VAT and customs duty.
    The rule states that the car must have been registered in Northern Ireland before January 1st 2021, to avoid VAT and Customs Duty.
    He said it is registered in the trade.

Anyone know if I am still liable for VAT and Import Duty if I purchase?

Just an update for anyone interested.

My registration process was not completed yesterday in the NCT centre as they would not accept the invoice from the transport company as proof the car entered NI prior to Jan 1 2021.
    Despite it being a completely legit invoice on company headed paper showing all relevant details;
    Date, Car details, truck drivers name, collection address, delivery address, sailing time, sailing operator, sailing reference and company stamp.

The guy in the the NCT said revenue wouldn't accept it even though it is clearly stated on the nct website as valid proof. I asked him had he been in touch with revenue and he said he had. I found that hard to believe as he had my paperwork for approx 6 minutes!
    He said a hand written invoice would not be accepted. So I said grand I'll get them to type one up and he then changed tack and said revenue would't accept it all all.
    When I pointed out it said on the NCT website that it was listed as valid proof he shrugged his shoulders and said he doesn't make the rules and to take it up with revenue.
    I found the whole thing very strange to be honest.

Why would it say its an acceptable form of proof that the car has entered NI prior to Jan 1st 2021 if its not acceptable?

Anyway, he told me the invoice between the dealer from where he bought the car should get it over the line. So I am getting that this morning and I am re-booked for Friday.

It all seems a bit haphazard and as much down to the guy doing the inspections discretion as any rules which is not the way it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

list of nox values per car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

I have a NOX query if anyone can answer...

Looking at a car up North and I got a NOX figure online of 146 mg/km.

Putting this into the Revenue VRT calculator gives a NOX charge of €2450.

Now I have seen the V5 and the NOX figure on it is 0.014 g/km.

Putting this into the Revenue calculator gives a NOX charge of €70.

Presume this is just an error on the VRT calculator?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Hint 146 milligram/km = .00146 GRAMS /km

units my friend , first rule of anything scientific, define your units.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Is 146 mg/km not 0.146 g/km? Which would explain my discrepancy. 0.014 g/km as per V5 would equate to 14 mg/km. That seems like a low number for a 2013 diesel. Either the figure I found online was wrong or the one on the V5 is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭steinbock123

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Can anybody point me in the right direction of a document that vrt will accept printed out as the official CO2 and NOX emissions for a KSP-130 Vitz with a 1KR engine please?

Advertisement