Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can you change part of your Eircode address?

• 10-11-2021 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

My Dad is a big Liverpool fan, he has an "Anfield" sign in the front garden. It has NEVER been used as an official part of the address in any context whatsoever and yet when we got an Eircode, there it is as the first line of the address. I've just thought it funny up to now but I've been trying to change phone provider and they wanted proof of address and won't accept my bank statements, credit card bills, basically anything I have as they don't have that "Anfield" line to match the Eircode.

I really don't want to put Anfield in my address with my bank, etc as it's just Dad's thing.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭Tork

This sounds like something to take up with An Post https://www.eircode.ie/contact The eircode is simply something attached to an existing address. That Anfield thing has probably been on a database for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sheff_

Get in touch with Geodirectory https://www.geodirectory.ie/get-in-touch

It's the the source address data for eircode and probably all those companies you're dealing with. Any new builds/changes to addresses would be recorded on their database, often first recorded by the local postman. Anfield is probably in their records for years (it won't be the only one!). They can update the address in their database and as eircode and the other companies get updates from them Anfield will disappear from their records.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Time to move out of home

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

I had a similar problem. The estate my parents live in had an extra word in it and seeing that I keep that as my official address (I move a lot) I kept failing the identity checks. As already said by sheff I contacted GeoDirectory.ie and four months later I got a reply saying they had made the update and a few months after that it was updated everywhere. They also made the update for everyone in my parents estate (~200 houses).

I gave the same reason as you about failing identity checks and followed up with links from https://webapps.geohive.ie/mapviewer/index.html and Google Maps proving the correct name.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

Very helpful reply there. I've not lived there in about 20 years but still use it as my postal address as where I'm renting has no facility for me to receive my own post and yet it's only 10 mins away from my parents so it's just easier to let my post go there as I call to them a few times a week anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What does your father think of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

He never used the Anfield line in anything other than the sign in the front garden so he's as dumbfounded as the rest of us as to how it became part of the official address so he's fine with losing it.

Advertisement