Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 3.5? Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It has Butt Stallion.

Sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hopefully this has a better balance of fun and rewards than BL3 does. But Assault on Dragon Keep was probably the best Borderlands content overall, so an expanded version of that, I'm in regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

10/10 for the use of Baby Metal "Chocolate" for me (and if you have not seen Baby metal then take this as a very good introduction to the wonderful world of Kawaii Metal)

Assault on Dragon Keep DLC from Borderlands 2 released today on all platforms, free on epic and 9.99 on others as a standalone game??????????????????

Rebranded under the Wonderlands moniker.

This was kind of a ninja release as I missed any kind of announcement for it. Wonder how this will work looking at the achievements and trophies, they've used a few of BL2 base game ones and for each of a characters and you need to take some of them fairly high level for them to be viable like gunzerk for 90 seconds etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Never played it, and not gonna buy it, so hopefully comes to Plus/Now at some point. Looks fun at least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

BL 3 is great but i really hope they do something with the endgame in this.

• Advertisement

Yeah BL3 made it far too easy to get legendaries to the point that there was no need for endgame farming or anything, or fighting a particular boss repeatedly to get their drops. Legendaries just dropped everywhere. Plus with BL2 they introduced pearlescent and seraph weapons etc in the DLCs, but didn't for BL3.

Hope they can strike a better balance in this game.

Endgame Chaos Chamber

At their most basic, a normal Chaos Chamber run is a randomized challenge that should take around 20-30 minutes to complete. Your path through the dungeon goes like this: three randomized dungeon rooms where you'll need to clear out a number of enemies before you can proceed, then a mini-boss fight, followed by three more dungeon rooms, and finally, a full-on main boss fight as the grand finale. 

Each time you complete a room that isn't immediately before a boss fight, you'll open two portals that give you a degree of choice over what you’ll encounter in the next room. You have three lives to make it to the end of the dungeon; lose them all, and your run is a failure (but don't fret, you still get to keep any weapons or gear you picked up during the run).

YOUR JUST REWARDS

After you've fought tooth and nail through multiple Chaos Chamber rooms, taken on Blessings and Curses at your discretion, and put the smackdown on the final boss, you deserve some worthy rewards. A wealth of treasure awaits you in the Loot of Chaos area you're transported to after defeating the last boss, with a chest full of desirable loot for the taking. But for dedicated loot grinders, the real Chaos Chamber payout might be hiding in the bellies of the spined, slightly disturbing rabbit statues that line the room.

Above the gaping, pointy-toothed mouth of each rabbit statue is an icon representing a type of loot in Tiny Tina's Wonderlands—guns like SMGs and Assault Rifles, wearable gear like Rings and Amulets, and so on. By feeding a statue some of the Crystals you've accumulated over your run, you can make it barf up a random piece of loot from its respective loot type (just ignore those bits of rainbow-colored bile). 

Through this method, you have the means to chase after the best items for certain gear slots while enjoying the random madness inherent to the Chaos Chamber. "Now you can target which loot type you want without just farming the same boss over and over again for 20 hours," says Kent. "It's still somewhat random, but the player has some control on the kinds of loot they want to prioritize."

All 6 Classes

Multi class system

Post edited by EoinMcLovin on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Wasn't expecting that after the fallout from the Epic v Apple bollixology.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PipingProblems

Honestly, if you stick Tiny Tina onto anything, I'm sold.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Agreed; hands down my favorite expansion and character in BL2 (not played BL3 as I've been waiting to build a new computer and well we know how that's going in general...)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PipingProblems

Same as that. It was a mate of mine showing me clips of her that got me into the game in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just playing through Assault on Dragons Keep for the first time, makes me want to get this. I'm liking it, but it's definitely geared towards MP, something I've found as the series has progressed. The first game was a joy to play solo, and the second was just as good, but the extra content/dlc was really aimed at teams. I get it, they're fun to play together, but I play solo so it's kinda annoying at times when you're up against a boss character that just pounds you, and only hoping you can get second life. Died to some Orc Lord or King or something about 8 times in a row, and only won by managing to get 5 second lifes in a row, like literally within 2 minutes all 5 second lives.

Hoping this will be BL1 good solo. Will most likely get it, just depends on when... I'm also preferring this fantasy style route, was getting bored of the vault hunter story, don't think I even finished 3...

_____

Review embargo lifts today I think

• Advertisement

Glad I didn't buy this, first DLC of 4 from a €30 season pass released today and it's little more than a time gated boss fight, it gets harder every week until May 12th and has 2 achievements for 20gs.

I felt robbed by the second season pass for BL3 but this sounds like it's even worse. There was free content in BL3 that sounds more substantial than this.

Given how lacklustre I felt the main game was, I didn't hold out much hope hearing about the DLC.

They've really f*cked up with this game imo. It has nothing to truly distinguish it from the Borderlands series, is far easier with less variety, and is severely lacking in content. The DLC seems to be following suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Cordell

The thing is, after Elden Ring this game cannot be challenging or with great variety. But I still think it's fun, like easy casual looter shooter fun.

I think even just comparing it to BL3, it's just absolutely lacking. Content, design, endgame, challenge... it's a step back in almost every way. They improved the balance of loot drops with legendaries being much harder to get, but the addition of melee weapons and so many useless cosmetics ended up hampering that too. And so few enemy and location types compared to BL3.

I enjoyed the game as a bit of fluff, but this should not have been a full-price game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Same and I wouldn't generally be a borderlands fan, this is really fun though, I could not get into BL 3.

I picked this up on sale over Christmas and it's absolute dross vs the previous Tiny Tina DLC in BL2. Completely throw away and forgettable for the most part levels, it's like they were auto generated or something and don't have the same level of crafting and detail that went into Borderlands 2. BL3 was like that too in places but not this bad. The beanstalk level was decent enough though.

It had few if any memorable bosses but they included my favourite thing about bosses in BL3 in immunity phases, yay!!!!!! . I've no desire to farm for loot or need to, the game is that easy. Over all it felt like a cheap knock off that completely failed to recapture the magic of Assault on Dragons keep.

The DLC was as expected , content that would have been free in Borderlands 3 during the timed events they had and are now free to access when ever you like since they stopped supporting it. I played through 2 of them and and struggling to find the will will to do the other 2 and get the achievements.

On the positive I did like mixing of the classes and a more simplified skill tree and I think they were onto something with that and the myth ranks. The over world map was interesting too.

Yeah I'd agree with all that. The skill trees and classes, I did like the idea of being able to mix them, but I think it meant each class felt less unique as a result. If I remember right about 3 of the classes had companions.

It was a really disappointing game. A real missed opportunity.

Advertisement