Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

Has the The watch shop gone?? All closed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭raheny red

The butchers at the Paddocks is reopening on Monday apparently. A new Chinese owner and will do vegetables as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Boojum are opening in the Pita Pit unit which I didn't realise had closed down. Its a pity(pun intended!) that Pita Pit closed as it only really opened around the start of Covid so never really got a chance to succeed. I got a few good lunches in there over last 18 months or so.

Between Boojum and Bunsen going in adjacent to it and Krispy Kreme, that location will become a real magnet for hungry folk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Thats a shame as the few times we went it was nice and had friendly staff. Like a healthy subway (not much of a compliment i know)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Pita pit will be missed. Was there for about 2 years before covid. Went there a fair few times over the years. Shame as I won’t pay to get it delivered from J6 it becomes too pricey and it’s a bit out of the way now.

Wow I hadn't realised it had been open there that long before Covid. Funny since WFH, there's a lot of D15 I've only noticed since Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

"The ideal destination for all things food, fitness and lifestyle".

Until the owners get the permission they're seeking to demolish whats there and build a huge hotel.

They must've been getting rode for rent in Blanch. Only big chains seem to be able to afford it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ah I am sad to hear that about Pita Pit, I was nearly going there for my lunch yesterday. Just as well I didn't! I enjoyed Pita Pit a lot on the odd occasion I got it but not sure I'll be as likely to pop down to Junction 6 for it. Maybe for a collection. I feel like J6 is a bit of a black hole for food biz they never seem to last long down there.

• Advertisement

Junction 6 really seems like an out of the way location hidden in its own cul de sac. Unless I was a member of the gym there(which I'm not), I don't think I'd ever drive all the way into it for just a coffee or sandwich yet it seems to attract new businesses all the time. It must get minimal pedestrian footfall too.

I think the new road layouts 10 years ago made it more isolated for incidental traffic to pass by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Don't know. I saw builders busy in both last week so I'd imagine they'll surely both be open soon enough to catch the pre Christmas trade?

Good to know. Should definitely be this side of Christmas in that case!

Where exactly is Bunsen setting up shop?

The unit next to Krispy Kreme that was previously occupied by Esquires Coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

It's a fascinating spot. Drove in for a coffee one day, the drive thru is handy. It was packed between gym goers and kids on a fun day out. It's a destination rather than somewhere you pass through and browse, but is doing well enough for it. I can't understand its appeal as a hotel location!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

I was in the area, so popped into Bujo for a Burger, Chicken Sandwich & spicy fries.

No queues at around 5pm on a Wednesday.

All very good.

My partner said its the best burger she's eaten in a long time.

I loved those fries. Have to go back.

Great location, but sad to hear esquires is gone - that was a decent spot and the coffee was great .. the service on the other hand left a lot to be desired!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

I went there a few weeks back and our experience was the opposite - the worst burger we've had in, possibly ever? I swear it was frozen meat, judging by how round and processed it looked. I've been to Bujo a few times out in Sandymount and this was a completely different experience altogether.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Totally agree, Bujo in Castleknock isn't a patch on Bujo in Sandymount. The burgers are overdone in Castleknock, nothing like the juicy burgers they serve in Sandymount, and the fries are so bad after our first order we always ordered onion rings instead. We were excited when it opened first, but we've given up on it now. Can't wait for Bunsen to open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Opened now anyway. Looked busy enough when passing just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I passed during the week and it was closed after being opened at the weekend so might just be doing Thurs - Sun for now

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Boojum well under way and due to open late 2021. Loads of work done in Bunsen too, the doors were open and I had a good look in 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Where is Boojum going to be located?

[Edit] Just remembered its where Pita Pit used to be.

Yes that is right, the old Pita Pit unit next door to Musashi

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That's a terrible location for a takeout food place really, but Boojum probably get more delivery orders than most.

Possibly but that whole area is now going to be a food destination including a lot of takeout foods - Krispy Kreme, Bunsen, Musashi, Boojum, McDonalds and not to forget Ming Court upstairs. The traffic there will be high with Deliveroo and Just Eat drivers plus people calling to collect their own orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

No doubt exemplary planning was done to handle such a situation when granting the tenancies, and I for one cannot wait to see the new measures that are introduced to deal with it.

How can you say that? Krispy Kreme had its most successful global opening ever at that "terrible location " and most if its business was takeout. McDonalds has a constant drive thru queue for its takeout business there for 20+ years. What makes you think Boojum is making a bad choice by locating there if it's adjacent businesses do a roaring takeout trade there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're both drivethroughs. There isn't a worse walk up location in the centre.

Pita Pit have been able to keep their unit in the docklands going with maybe a tenth of peak trade this last year so it wasn't a problem with their product.

Advertisement