Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

English Premiership Season 21/22

• 17-09-2021 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭

So, Bristol start off the season with a genuinely embarrassing display against Saracens, played well enough for 20 minutes, then pretty much nothing from there on in. Saracens just squeezed the life out of them.

Rest of this weekend's fixtures.

Saturday

15:00

Leicester TigersExeter Chiefs

Northampton Saints - Gloucester

Worcester Warriors - London Irish

17:00

Sale - Bath

Sunday

15:00

Newcastle Falcons - Harlequins

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭OldRio

Unfortunately I watched it last night. 49 kicks in the first half alone. TBH I fell asleep the second half.

Utter tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

As a neutral it was pretty dire alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

86 kicks from hand I see. There were only 58 in that second Lions test. Sounds l didn’t miss much yesterday. That’s an insane number of kicks. With ball in play time around the 30-40 minute mark (assumption on my part) that’s at least 2 kicks per minute on average. Probably more. That must have been grim viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Exeter have no main Jersey sponsor ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,665 ✭✭✭✭phog

I only saw the last few minutes of the Bristol game and was shocked at their handling, error, after error after error. For what Pat Lam brought to Connacht this looked unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭TRC10

Is it just me or does Danny Cipriani look like he's enjoyed his off-season a bit too much?

For a minute I thought it was Andy Goode at 10 for Bath 😂

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,165 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Took a trip to the AJ Bell Stadium on Sunday - Sharks started well enough but the Chiefs eventually swamped them. Was close up to the action and had a decent enough camera:

Things are a little different from when I was a 6 foot and nearly 2 inches 14yo at school and just had to reach up to get the ball at the lineout (that was getting on for 4 decades ago mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

So Pat Lam really isn’t having a great start to his new 7 year contract. Went 0-21 up away to Quins. Lost 52-24 in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Heart bleeds after that injury bullshit at the end of last season.

Bath 0-45 Sarries at half time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Saracens 45-0 up away to Bath at half time...most competitive league in the world...lol

17-71 now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Biggest home defeat in history of the English Premiership. Bath were fielding a pretty decent side to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fullerp

how??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

AJ McGinty off to Bristol next season. Good move for them as I don’t really think they were winning the Prem with Sheedy as their 10.

Well Gloucester v Bath? Every game matters?

At this stage it's just embarrassing.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,948 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Not a premiership game.

A league cup game.

But sentiment still rings true

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Muligatawney

It's not the Premiership tbf. No idea why this competition persists.

Vincent Koch off to Wasps next season

Jonny Hill off to Sale Sharks

Sam Skinner off to Edinburgh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

For anyone dying to watch some live rugby... Harlequins v Northampton at Twickenham has just started on BT Sport 1

Three tries within the first ten minutes... the crowd are getting their money's worth anyway

21-21 after half an hour. 3 tries each. Defences have been pretty poor, but it has been entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

Watched this game, first half was pretty entertaining, lots of droped balls in the second half though. Thought Barnes and his team had a mixed game, hot on sealing off at ruck time but happy to let the lifters in the lineout step in front of the jumper before he'd come back to the ground or passed the ball back. Handy to know if you've already got a decent maul and have him as ref.

Advertisement