Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice on expanding PV system

• 01-11-2021 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭

A question for the veterans on this forum.

I have a 7kwp system split over two strings, front house 3kw and shed roof 4kws, both S facing, coupled with a Solis 5G 6kw hybrid and 5kw battery.

The shed roof is starting to become shaded by the house around this time of the year.

Firstly, I would like to add 1 more kw to the front house, bringing it to 4kw so 8kw in all.

I feel like in summer I would be losing some gen since the inverter caps at 6kws but at the same time in summer I exported between 150-400kws per month so I couldn't use it anyway.

Looking at these options so maybe you guys can keep me straight:

1. Just expand the front house to 4kws and leave all as is (maybe go for diy batteries next year)
    2. Add another 4kw inverter and split the shed string into 2 x 2kws strings
    3. Add another 4kw inverter and split the shed string into 2 x 2kws strings, move the front house 3kws to the back of the house and add 4kws to the front (11kw total), split the front/back of house into two strings on the 6kw hybrid

Comments

Advertisement