Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Remembering A Departed Friend: The Late Late Show-Friday 5th November 2021

• 04-11-2021 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

On Sunday just gone, the sad news broke that one of the more prolific, and certainly one of the wittiest and most thoughtful members of the combined Boards.ie Radio & TV communities had passed away after a short but devastating illness.

Noel Kenny, a Tipperary man who found himself in the county of Sligo, was better known to many here as Sligojoek. The thoughts and sympathies of his friends and acquaintances here are with his partner, his children, and his entire family, at this most difficult of times, and as they prepare for his funeral service tomorrow afternoon.

May he Rest in Perpetual Peace.

Turning to more mundane matters, it seems that the annual procession of plugs from "Friends of the Show" is upon us once again, as Hobbidy takes it upon himself to save every bookshop and artisan food producer in the country.

"Friday night's Late Late Show will feature a range of local small-to-medium sized Irish businesses in the return of the popular slot dedicated to Taking Care of Business.

After host Ryan Tubridy issued a national call-out on his Instagram for Irish businesses in October to apply to be in with a chance of featuring on the show, applicants responded in their droves from across the country."

No more lamb related inventions, hopefully.

Additionally, Clodagh McKenna is on again, again.

"Also, on Friday night’s show, Irish chef and entrepreneur Clodagh McKenna and husband Harry Herbert will speak to Ryan about their lives together at his Highclere Estate, which is the filming location of ITV drama Downton Abbey."

Little Adam King, is on again, again. They'll surely squeeze another Toy Show appearance out of him before the month is out.

"Last year's break-out Late Late Toy Show star Adam King and his dad, David, will join Ryan ahead of the release of David's new book A Hug for You."

Music by Roe, singing The Cranberries’ I Can't Be With You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,604 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I rarely drink on a Friday night - lord knows the LLS has driven me to the bottle on many occasions (f’nar f’nar).

I shall however, raise a glass to sligojoek tonight.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I noticed Sligojoe hadn't been around the last while, didn't think anything of it, was a bit of a shock seeing that thread earlier this week, weird having this feeling of loss for someone you've never met, anyway may he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Oh my God. Sligojoek.

I'm so sorry to hear this. So sorry.

That's awful news.

Post edited by Ol' Donie on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭StevenToast

RIP Sligojoek....always spot on nailing tubridy....on tv or radio...

You will be missed

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭ Maren Kind Teenager

I’d never actually met him In person, but chatted on WhatsApp and got to know him quite well. He texted a few times in the hours before his devastating illness, when he had a nasty tummy bug and said “think I’m on the mend”, but was nonetheless in his usual putting best face forward form.

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Rest in peace Sligojoek.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

RIP Sligojoek, Thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends

No thread with 10 minutes to go- just shows where we're at now.

Anyway I'll post the line up in a minute once this thread creates itself. Hope all regulars are well.

Friday night's Late Late Show will feature a range of local small-to-medium sized Irish businesses in the return of the popular slot dedicated to Taking Care of Business.

After host Ryan Tubridy issued a national call-out on his Instagram for Irish businesses in October to apply to be in with a chance of featuring on the show, applicants responded in their droves from across the country.

On this week’s show, 16 Irish entrepreneurs selected from all corners of the country will showcase their products.

According to a statement, "These innovators will demonstrate their tenacity, resourcefulness and embody the spirit of optimism that will ignite a jobs-led recovery in a post-pandemic era.

"The Late Late Show will be devoted to promoting the very best of what Irish businesses have to offer across various sectors and will exhibit a host of products from dozens of additional Irish businesses throughout the show."

Also, on Friday night’s show, Irish chef and entrepreneur Clodagh McKenna and husband Harry Herbert will speak to Ryan about their lives together at his Highclere Estate, which is the filming location of ITV drama Downton Abbey.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/1104/1257859-guests-for-late-late-show-revealed/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ye sounds sh-it. Gona give it a miss. Loads of good TV and news to watch. Far more exciting than that driveal.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

In fairness I think I'll actually watch it, or at least some of it, as some of the businesses can be quite good.

Have to laugh at RTE though- "Wall Street" is on right after :D

OMG- 1984 on TG4 00.35

One to record- a great film with Richard Burton John Hurt and of course, that wonderful Eurythmics soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭elperello

No offence but there is a thread started earlier.

It's a tribute to Sligojoek.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

*Yearly rant about Christmas ads this time of year*

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

What if you live near an airstrip?

Oh, and evening all 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Mods can we lock this thread and stick to one for Sligojoek.

Was in that place - but at the end of the day it is a toasted sambo - they charge for a sauce on the sambo. Look there sauce.

• Advertisement

I'll have a tay, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm sure the cafe's in every town paying astronomical rates will welcome them in open arms.

Oh Absolutely and RIP Sligojoek. Apologies I didn't see that. Thanks for letting me know.

A cappuccino in Wales is just squirty cream on top of a black coffee.

Bring it over here, lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you could train the bees to kill wasps it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Nothing particularly new or innovative yet 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭ Maren Kind Teenager

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

I love this show - but are the ideas a bit simple or something

A van

A toasted sambo

A bee

A line

What the **** - next a Dog something or cat.

I reported my own post to try and merge or delete this thread- please don't post in this thread people- there's a special thread for this evenings LLS- thanks.

• Advertisement

Peggy Rain, there is a barber showing photographs...

Advertisement