Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What happen if VW increases price after ordering?

• 04-11-2021 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

One salesman said the price you agree when ordering is the price you will pay, even if the car price goes up - Price protection.

Salesman in next place said if the price goes up and the car hasn't been delivered yet , customer pays the increase?

Any experience of this please, in particular with VW?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

No experience with VW but when we originally ordered an ioniq 5 the salesperson said the price would be "locked" once he tagged our name on the specific car we wanted.

Even told us if we wanted to switch colour a week later it would be 300 euro more.

This was before any kind of delivery, in fact it was before any kind of deposit being paid.

The first guy is " on the money "......... morally, ethically & , all that matters really, legally.

The second guy is talking bs. Say you go to the barber's & the sign says " gents haircut €15", you sit in the chair, some other guy comes along and changes the sign & now it says " gents haircut €20". Or say you're in a restaurant Sat night & decide to have the steak that's on the menu @ €20, now when the bill comes it says 'steak €30' cause we changed the menu after you ordered. Funnily enough Mrs Mc Carthy got a new peugeot3008 in Feb, between ordering the car ( around Christmas) & driving the car they did, genuinely, go up by circa €600 but the deal was done/ agreed at the 1st Jan price.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

I'd say for VRT changes they can't be liable, it's out of their hands and could mean multiple thousands extra. I'd not expect them to be covering this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Talking to a dealer today, prices going up tomorrow 8.00am. If you haven’t ordered yet you’re paying more.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭baby fish

VRT changes would be customers responsibility alright, however, there will be no change to VRT on electrics until after end of 2023 , this was in the in budget. 👍️

Good to hear thanks ... and good luck with the car!

This is what I'd expect to happen too, the price has been agreed IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭zg3409

I would not believe a word salesperson tells you. This could be true, it may be a lie. It may be used to close the sale so they get their comission.

I know one person who asked was a newer model on the way when he ordered. A week after owner collected car new model was in dealers showroom, knocking thousands off the value of all older models. Salespeople are on sakes commission, they can lie all they want as long as they keep selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭handpref

Ordered car in August from VW, I had wanted to push it out as late into the year as I could to get a MY22. Sales rep informed me that the price would go up on October 1st. Every 6 months pricing is revised, upwards. I put my deposit down in August to lock in the summer pricing. To be fair to the rep, the price did go up by €1300 in October. I had a screen shot of summer pricing and spec for the id3 to compare to the new listing that replaced the summer one in October. I got it in writing that the price was fixed for both the new car and my trade in. No vrt or SEAI grant changes so the current subsidies remain till end of 2022. Whoever you deal with get your pricing in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭baby fish

Wonder will the price drop again when the supply of new cars increases and there is more competition between the garages to get a sale? that could be another year or two away though. They cant keep increasing the prices like they have been every 6 months

Advertisement