Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Minimalist On Bike storage solutions

Options
  • 23-10-2021 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

This is a first world problem I know but - is there anyone else on here that has a little bit of obsession about trying to minimise the storage of tools etc. on the bike or at least make it look minimal.

It's kind of bugging me a bit these days. I know the solution for some is no saddle bag and put the stuff in your pocket but pockets full of stuff bothers me too.

I bought a Silca tool roll on here recently and while that was an improvement on my previous saddle bag it's still probably bigger than I'd like

So I bought a few cheap Velcro, elastic and rubber mounted Zefal C02 cartridge mounts and pump mounts used the around the frame.

Like this

I was also considering using a tool storage fake bottle but was slow to lose the second drink bottle especially in summer.

I bought a cheap one but haven't used it yet.

Looking around Instagram tonight I came across this dual chamber bottle which is kind of interesting https://dibsports.com/collections/dib-bottle I might try one of these.

And then there are the in bike tool storage solutions such as this https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/encase-system?gclid=CjwKCAjw5c6LBhBdEiwAP9ejGwMzlttHZRtn1OCXyin2885bLgsYuxR8soh6k-dtqkcDSWB5GG3VlhoC1EIQAvD_BwE where the tools are stored inside the bars (my Ritchey bars are the wrong shape though and these tools are also $$$)

I've seen some other smart little solutions also such as one where the C02 cartridges are stored in a holder inside the crank set hollow axle.

If I had a 3D printer I think I'd be trying all kinds of alternative holders and compartments

(Sorry pics are all sideways - don't know how to rotate them)

So are there other ideas out there or is this juts a lone obsession

Or does everyone just have a normal saddle bag ?

Comments

Advertisement