Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wine Reccomendation Please.

Options
  • 01-11-2021 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

I want to impress someone who knows their wines, I don't so I seek advice from ppl who do. I have about €200 to spend and am thinking about a red, french wine but I am not cemented to that idea, again want to impress but also hope the wine will be enjoyable.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Are you thinking of spending €200 on one bottle???

That's a lot. I think most people - even those into paying a bit for wine- would rather be gifted 4 bottles at around €50 each.

For high end expensive, personally, I'd be looking towards Italy - maybe a Borolo or Barbaresco or a Super-Tuscany .

If French, you are probably looking at Vintage Bordeaux, Bourgogne or Champagne.

Now this might seem daft, but you don't want to spend €200 on a bottle of wine at it not be recognised as such. For that reason, I'd stick to the better known expensive wines.

Also, the best advice on this matter you'll get on the internet is, "don't seek advice online - go to a good, independent wine shop". If you give your location, perhaps people can advise.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Definitely go to an independent wine shop. I'd agree with the beer revolu, it's a lot to spend. A fancy bottle of champagne would probably be what I would go for if you're set on one bottle.

Other option, do they maybe drink cognac? You could get a great bottle for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Advertisement