Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2021 Purchases

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

ordered a reindeer romper with reindeer tights for the bambino for December for her Santa visit it’s so cute, I plan on putting it on her going for a Christmas pub lunch too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭tscul32

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ordered a book for myself earlier and added in a sticker atlas book for my 4 year old nephew - first gift bought :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lidl app popped up with 25% off their Deluxe Irish Cream (fake-Baileys). One bottle left on the shelf. First thing bought to shove in the cupboard - though as that's fully made here it shouldn't be something we run short of!

Also bought my cards online, stocked up a bit because it seems there's a much better selection from the manufacturer direct (this is Watermark's own site not that they make it clear - the Ltd Company given has the same owners). Always liked the Cancer Society cards for having nice secular ones that aren't just clipart stars and tinsel.

Particularly taken with this one

https://charitycardsireland.ie/Rabbit-and-Robin-p396858467

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We tend to go for the charity ones ourselves too. Have gotten the Irish Cancer society & DSPCA ones the last few years though, they're always a little different to the generic ones out there and are for causes very close to our hearts as a family. You've reminded me to go out & organise them now, time is getting on & we like to post ours the first week in December.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I normally go for the Make-A-Wish foundation cards but just had a look there and they don't seem to be doing any at the minute because of Covid 😥

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Update on the Make-A-Wish cards, they'll have them on their site next week!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Boxed Christmas cards for a couple of Irish charities (Cancer Society, SVP and one other i think) have re appeared in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

How have I missed this thread!🙈 Have the vast majority of presents, just my brother and neighbours to buy for 😊

Dad- new hand held radio for the garden.

Mam- cookery book from Shop in Ireland. Seems to have been an old school home economics books so hopefully it might bring a bit of nostalgia.

Sister- Willow tree figure.

Hubby- just a few bits...nothing too exciting!

The Big Man will be bringing our little man a balance bike and helmet, a couple of little vehicles and a Thomas the Tank Engine book....if he's good 😆

Have a few bits for his Christmas eve box aswell- pjs, chocolate Santa, new tree decoration.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You're making me panic, jellybear!

I really must get cracking now that it's NOVEMBER. 😁

Picked up the main pressie for the Mrs whilst down in Kilkenny last week so the pressure is off to a large extent now. Just to pick up a couple of mobile phones (PAYG) for the kids and that'll be everything other than vouchers, wine & chocolate type presents done.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Well done @jellybear and @DvB

its so exciting I love hearing about all the purchases

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m hoping to finish my shopping off next week with a trip to Dublin, I’m not sure whether to go to Blanch or Liffey Valley, is there much of a difference?

@DvB shur Kilkenny have the best shops 😉😄

To be fair, the shop I bought it in has a bigger branch in Blanch 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I think there are probably more shops in Blanch and very few in Liffey Valley that aren't also in LV. There is a much bigger Marks & Spencer in Liffey Valley though if that is one of your go-to shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Should really start my shopping soon, before things get worse. Not talking about COVID, talking about possible shortages and shipping times if buying online.

I work in a busy retail shop that gets stuff from the UK and we're not going to have as much stock coming in this year compared to last year. I'd imagine it's the same in other places too?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Any place that sources from the UK will be in big trouble. Also delivery times will be delayed as we get closer to the day. Order as soon as possible will be key.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Got the kids & OH's main presents sorted so that is the main ones done. Still have folks and KK, kids cousins etc however all small things and nothing specific so wouldnt be in a panic trying to find things.

• Advertisement

Ordered family Christmas pjs for the 3 of us, so glad because I know I would regret it if I didn’t

Christmas babygrow for the bambino for toy show night 😂

Santa visit outfit too

Majority of Santa shop done too, picked up a gorgeous book from the local bookshop for her today

My mam doesn’t do phones or online buying so asked me to sort the bambino from her so that’s another thing ticked off the list

The bigger presents left are Mam, OH and my 3 besties, the rest are smallish and I am going to try not sweat it

Ok it wasn’t intentional but I am on a roll and managed to get 2 pals ticked off the list plus my nail girl now, just something small now to go along with their gifts

Rituals gift set added to basket for myself Happy Buddha has changed name in the Rituals brand picked that up for myself it’s gorgeous after a hectic day…bath or shower, body cream is divine

Just ordered a HP Pictionary game for my nieces and a Hey Duggee teddy for the littlest one...have finished a crocheted blanket for my sister so that is one family completely done - yay! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭matchthis

picked up these guys in Dunnes after ordering click and collect. Had not seen them in store. Decent size and a bargain at €20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I'm loving pretty much all the Christmas stock on the Dunnes website. I want to buy it all!

They have some lovely bits, my Mrs was the same, wanted to buy loads... thing is we're already overstocked and have nowhere for new christmas decorations...😮

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

The OH calls this 'upgrading' or whatever colour is needed to fit in a new decorations style!!

• Advertisement

I'm on a roll today - have finished Mr. CL's present (pending delivery) & gotten my friend's two kids out of the way (M&S pjs FTW 😊). Have also managed to discuss my parents gift with my sister...we normally try to get them a decent voucher for a nice break away (last year excluded)...so if anyone has any ideas for some nice hotels around the country, do let me know 😊

Advertisement