Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Anyone missing a White 10-D-129... Toyota Vitz?

• 31-10-2021 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

If you are, it's in Ballymun and was having the crap driven out of it. Doughnuts & all.

Probably be burnt out by tonight.

Oherwise, if someone is looking to buy one in the future... stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

They were there already chasing another car.

Prior to that i saw them pass me at a T-junction. I beeped them but they briefly glanced and continued driving.

Then they saw one of the other cars driving dangerously & at high speed in the opposite direction so went around and tried to follow, albeit at a snails pace.

To be fair they were in a Transit van.

I would have assumed they would have called their colleagues but I didn't see anyone rushing sirens blazing while I was in the area.

It'll all be up on YouTube soon because there was a crowd gathered with their phones.

A quiet trip to Musgraves ended up in a few road users almost losing their lives on public roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

So would a 2010 Vitz have an immobiliser?

I know the older ones didn’t, but did they make them standard at some point?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Don't all European cars post 96 have them so it could be a jap import given the number plate

• Registered Users Posts: 81,074 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Vitz is an import, no immobilizer as standard, could be robbed with zero skills. It's automatic too, so like a bumper car for the scobies to destroy.

I think the government should make an immobilizer necessary to pass the NCT, it would cut down on car thefts massively. That or no insurance company to provide cover for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They don't chase them because they'll drive more recklessly to loose the Gardaí after driving around to get chased by the Gardaí.

Now watch the insurance company say “but you told us it had an immobiliser”

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The insurance industry, at least in my experience, don't seem to particularly care. I drive an older car, one that as standard Stevie Wonder could have started with a pencil, so had to go third party for an alarm/immobiliser(Thatcham cat 1, properly installed*) among other security, active, passive and mechanical and unlike in the UK where they'll give discounts for more quality security setups Irish insurance ended at "does it have an alarm". One year while looking for quotes for the craic I didn't tick that box and the premium didn't change. Maybe that's changed? Though on my last renewal it didn't come up. That said I'd bet it would if it came to a claim...

Plus for the thieves there's almost zero deterrent. They know at best they'll get a slap on the wrist, bound over to the peace, broken home etc. If they even get caught. Crimes against property are very low on the legal radar in this country. The "Ah shure isn't that why you have insurance" attitude.

*if and when it gives up the ghost it'll be a thundering [expletive deleted] to remove and replace. The chap who fitted it to my specs joked it'll cost twice as much to remove it and take twice as long and it took him the guts of a day.

Yes. This exactly!

This was incredibly dangerous.

They were using the road outside of Musgraves Ballymun as their personal playground.

The worst thing was this.

There were at least 2 dozen people with phones filming and also with their kids between 1yr to 5yr old or more.

They either knew about it or expected it

Some of them even threw bricks across the road at cars including mine.

Wow! I do need to get dash cams!

Some 15 year old tosser decides to steal a car. Wear pull up balaclava style face coverings and then does doughnuts & drifts on public road.

Every Musgraves Ballymun HQ customer encountered this around 3pm on Sunday.

Where were the Gards.

Where were Musgraves security, because they do have a security hut.

The security hut should have called it in and also have been recording.

It certainly did not enter their premises but it was immediately outside.

That being said,

Guards..

Post edited by wandererz on

I mean, I'm not the super for that area.

But considering the day & night of it (halloween) there should be a decent deployment.

My passenger certainly felt at terrible risk and also violated during the entire experience.

To put it to bed, I did call the station and provided the Reg plate. But they did not even ask me for my details...

M

So it then wasn't logged on Pulse and doesn't exist as a crime, what a police force we have, joke of a country.

Cars fishtailing, losing their backend, speeding, endangerimg others, speeding past a police vehicle in pursuit,

I thought that Ballymun had improved.

Sadly not.

The same scrounger subsequently passed me and at least 2 other cars at speed and turned into the apartments at popintree

My passenger was totally distressed.

The guards, don't give a

damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

So the Gardai were in pursuit of the vehicle but somehow also don't give a damn?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Gardai doing the bars minimum, afraid the 15yr old will give them a hiding. Different story if it was my tax out of date by a day...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If there was a Garda car behind it they don't need the OPs details, if it's already been reported they don't need the OPs details. The chances of the Gardaí not knowing about a car being driven recklessly is slim.

Because it's a loose loose outcome for them. If they chase and there's a RTC then the Gardaí are too blame for chasing, if they let them go because of the risk of an RTC they aren't doing anything. If you started driving like a lunatic when they try to stop you for out of date tax come back and tell how they reacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭drogon.

Interesting, does this mean that most Japanese imports don't have immobiliser as standard ?

M

Think this may be the car in question, I just hope they were not wearing a seatbelt when it crashed and the airbag hospitalised the scumbag so badly the next car he takes needs to have the hand controls on it...

https://www.tiktok.com/@jadenirwin09/video/7025584788895485190

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭User1998

Some Japanese models don’t but if you import a European car from Japan they do

Yup. That was it.

10-D-129089

This was the crap happening right outside the HQ of the largest Irish supermarket chain.

Imagine us driving out of those gates.

I hope he got a decent beating, a few broken bones & more.

It's not just the person driving the car, it's also the shitsters standing there and filming this.

Jayden Irwin 09

And

Karl mason

Who is the responsible TD for this area?

Who is the responsible mayor for this area?

Who is the Garda Superintendent in charge of this area?

Who is the judge who is going to let these shi*s off?

Post edited by wandererz on

Is this your first time in Dublin or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭SupplyandDemandZone

The Gardai are afraid of these lads. Same thing happened in out in Darndale the same night with two stolen cars Gardai failed to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

They have become more common in Japan in the past 20 years or so, but are not a mandatory requirement like here AFAIK. Initially they were only common on high-end models.

Immobilisers only became standard on the third generation Vitz in December 2010, I'm guessing this is the previous model where it was only standard or optional depending on trim level.

I found a list for Toyotas here: https://keyhonpho.org/column/トヨタ車のイモビライザー搭載状況一覧-車種・/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Presumably their mummies thought they were in the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭User1998

Here is the car in question, outside Musgraves and all😂

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8H2vrE9/