Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

34 weeks and counting

No requests for extra info or appointments for interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Newyearnewjob

Have they done your credit check DDGS7. My vetting was sent 2 months ago but still no credit check. Not been asked for any further info either. Completed my PCA mid September but still no medical date. Not expecting one till mid December if even this year. After an initial burst of activity for me in the campaign it has again started to drag.

Oh yeah the credit check was done straight away...just nothing since.

Usually medical date comes around 4 weeks after PCA

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭lornzeo99

I am only doing my PCA this week but sent my vetting away beginning of September. Still have my medical and drugs test to do so not overly bothered about it yet but hoping it doesn’t drag on as it will hold me up being appointable 🙁 34 weeks is so long have you tried contacting them to get any info? It’s just a disaster

I got credit checked within 2 weeks of sending my off but have heard nothing since

• Advertisement

Aye its crazy long. They can only tell you it's processing I believe. It's all I'm waiting on since end of June now

Did anyone else fail their PCA first time around? I missed mine by 4 seconds 🙁 I was made to repeat something! Any tips for doing it again? I run but really don’t think it helped any. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Medical question - is says a list about current medications you've taken. Is this in the booklet or did people just write it down on a separate page? I don't mean what your prescribed I just mean like paracetamol etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭NeeNaw21

I just wrote it down on a file page and stapled it to the booklet

It's more for the drugs test contractor than for the medical

Cheers, just have to list everything to be safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Tec74z

I have my medical coming up and I'm wondering is appendicitis considered a past medical condition that I need to supply further information on, has anyone had to do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aquablank

I’ve supplied further information for every medical condition I listed. If it wasn’t something major I still got my GP to write a letter to cover it. If you’re unsure you can email occupational health and ask them. They’ve been very helpful with any queries I’ve had.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

Hi all, just finished my 2nd week at Garnerville. If any of you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me.

Post edited by Andimaul on

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Elninotdog

Still no medical date for me yet and I did my pca 6 weeks ago. Anyone got any idea when it might come through?

Same here. I've heard all the November medicals are booked up. Not likely to get one till Dec or Jan. That'll be a year since my assessment.

That was around the same time for me, 6 weeks near 7 until I got mine and its then booked a month after aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aquablank

I got the email with my medical date 8 weeks after my pca. It’s frustrating waiting but I’m sure it will come soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Peelers

I have been in the 'job' quite a while, but I know how it felt waiting to start. You go through a roller coaster of emotions from one day to the next. I just wanted to come on and encourage you all, keep hanging in there! How long things take, is a mystery.

You sacrifice a lot when you get in. Your sleeping and eating pattern will be messed up, as you go from one week to the next. Not to mention time with family, birthdays, bank holidays, Christmas, etc.

However, I can not see how they will not exhaust any merit list. The PSNI needs you, the public needs you! There is people retiring and resigning every month. We need a steady stream of people coming in, to replace them.

Whatever you do, do not give up! Have hope and enjoy all those evenings, nights, weekends, special occasions, etc, when you have them.

All the best to everyone starting soon, in the process and thinking of applying.

It is the best job in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pcjar

I waited 7 weeks from PCA to get a medical date. The medical date was another 4 weeks from that. Which is next week. ML 520 - 530.

Would love to sneak into a Jan intake but that may be wishing thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Elninotdog

Thanks for your comments guys/girls. It would be 6 weeks this week so I’m hoping I’ll hear this week or next. And medical in jan in my opinion. It’s a long ass process like

• Advertisement

Anybody know how long the medical results and smt take? I should know Reading this everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 8 strawberrychick

Anyone here ML early 800s? Vetting forms received nearly 3 weeks ago but haven’t been credit checked? No date yet for pca either

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

Yes me.. 780-800 my credit check was done last week but still no date for PCA or anything. If I pass everything I highly doubt I will be started in Gv this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 strawberrychick

Seriously? Why do you think that? That’s depressing!

I’m 700 on merit list and have done my vetting and PCA. They credit checked me weeks ago but I still haven’t heard anything. It seems you can be lucky to get it back in one week or it can take months. Anyway I failed my PCA so I have to do that again which isn’t until January 😢 TRYING to stay positive but yeh it’s a very long process that does test you, however a close family member is in the police and said if you want to do this job get used to it so onwards and upwards 🤞 hopefully 2022 will bring better news

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jcm86

Has anyone whos been waiting ages on vetting had good news? New to here and just going through the comments. I've been waiting about 10 weeks passed PCA and online learning complete. Just waiting date for medical and vetting to clear.

Just got my vetting back. Took around 2 months. Just waiting on medical date.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Flash_93

Any idea what ML range they are up to with PCA'S?

Not sure about PCA, I am 600-650 and had mine mid September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

PCA date received this morning for mid December and I’m merit 780-800!!

Advertisement