Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021 T20 World Cup in UAE/Oman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Another loss today for the West Indies, another day asking why Holder and Narine aren't playing. Despite trying to lose the game by forcing their only world class batsman to pull out, South Africa won it handy.

Pakistan wobbled a bit but overcame New Zealand easy in the end. NZ not helped by Locke Ferguson getting injured and is out of the tournament now. Pakistan look the team to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

These pitches are kryptonite for West Indies sadly.

Give them roads and they will murder pretty much everyone, but here you need more than bashers. I am surprised that Chase was not brought in to play the Samuels role, hopefully next match he comes in and ideally Simmons never plays again. Gayle has to open or not play also.

Its a pretty old team and even those who are around the 30 or so mark have plenty of issues, Russell especially due to all his recent injuries.

Yet Narine wasn't selected for fitness reasons. Won games for KKR with ball and bat. Holder carried a bad Sunrisers side with both as well.

100% Simmons can play the next game. Felt sorry for him today. Their plan of not worrying about dots and catching up with sixes won't work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MFPM

West Indies are on the way out by the looks of things, they need to beat Bangladesh now. Pakistan flying, T20 is arguably the weakest format for NZ but they're still a good side so two excellent victories for Pakistan.

On another note really poor form by Quinton DeKock on the issue of the solidarity gesture of taking the knee. His comments are at best ambiguous on the matter but they hint at a poor attitude on the issue of racsim. I can get on board with a sportsperson, particularly someone of colour being a bit cynical and seeing this as gesture politics but I suspect that's not where DeKock is coming from.

Cricket South Africa shouldn't be forcing their players to perform anything that they're uncomfortable with. Taking the knee, outside of America, was a bad joke to begin with, why it's a thing still I don't know. The situation is very complex in SA, he'll have his reasons and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I have no sympathy with the board. They don't deserve the white cricketers that put up all the crap there to keep them relevant on the world stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Neither have I, he is a poor player who only scores runs when the team is well on top, he hardly ever digs in, he is also horribly unfit, and has a poor attitude, he will probably be done soon, a nothing player. On another note, what was Simmonds at? Also Gayle should open or not play at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

If he has valid reasons for refusing to take the knee, he should be prepared to state those reasons publicly. Otherwise, it comes across as a racist refusal to agree that Black Lives Matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

To anyone who says he shouldn’t have to explain his reasons, I disagree. James McClean has come in for a lot of criticism for his refusal to wear a poppy and he wrote an open letter to the chairman of his club explaining his reasons. If De Kock has valid, non-racist, reasons for his refusal to take the knee, he should be glad of the opportunity to explain himself. If his reason is based in racism, then he should rightfully be dropped from the team and never picked again.

Bangladesh not coping with Moeen and Woakes. 27-3 in the powerplay after choosing to bat first.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

England will win this at a canter, 75-1 after 8, they’ll make this after 15 overs or less... Bangladesh not competitive... although English have been impressive with ball and bat it must be said... batsmen really aggressive..

• Advertisement

scotland lose their first wicket off the first delivery they faced...Munsey chopping a full and straight one back onto his stumps, two down as I type, McLeod goes for a duck, thin edge back to the keeper off Trumplemann. Set up nicely. Three down as I type but this looks like being overturned..NO ! It’s clipping... Scotland 2-3 after 0.4. Fukkk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

The Scots in all sorts of trouble early on

Wish Trumpelmann saved that over for Rohit and KL rather than the poor Scots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Michael Leask with good knock of 44 off 27 to save the Scots from total humiliation

Namibia digging themselves into a bit of a hole. Still plenty of overs and wickets to work with. Good Scottish bowling especially by Wheal.

Good start, a really good start but ran into a flurry of dot balls, two quick wickets now 3 down... that said Namibia only need less then a run a ball...

Namibia needing less then a run a ball and batsman stumped after charging 3 meters down the pitch trying to flick a single into the leg side... they lose this that will be talked about...

35 now from 36

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭No_Hope_Club

Interesting match with Sri Lanka vs Australia

Asalanka is a great weapon in the powerplay. 53-1 is a very good start.

Sri Lanka were very disappointing. Couldn't deal with Zampa and lost all batting momentum. Then bowled pure rubbish.

I suppose Australia need to be taken more seriously now. Big game against England on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Aussies definitely exceeding expectations. They've been abysmal in T20 for a while but have been very good so far this tournament.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

West Indies finally woken up in this game.

99 - 4 after 16 v Bangladesh

Bangladesh sloppy in the field today, 3 very straightforward catches dropped.

Northants legend Jason Holder scoring some useful runs at the end.

142 looks a bit light but that pitch isn't easy to score on, actually think WI will win. But I know fupp all.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

Do locals go to any of these games? Always feels like there is no interest and that the UAE/Oman is a pure deadzone for sport. Only ex-pats/immigrants seem bothered.

This isnt the same Asif Ali is it? Watched him a lot and never seen this. They have good depth in the batting with Hasan Ali coming so low.

Afghanistan ran them fairly close. Too much panic from their top order cost them getting to a good total. Recovered well, just never enough. India and NZ will need to bring their A game against them.

SA vs Sri Lanka shaping up nicely.

win predictor for what that’s worth showing 50 / 50

SA 52/3 chasing 142 after 9.

Bavuma is after setting down and getting ones and twos now. Looked all over the place to start especially running. Markram is the key wicket for Sri Lanka.

Problem for Sri Lanka is that every delivery is being scored off, 1’s and 2’s... SA therefore are not under pressure to risk hitting boundaries off good deliveries just put away the odd bad one and keep the scoreboard ticking over.. 58 from 41 isn’t a difficult get with 7 wickets remaining.

Maybe I was wrong.Problem SA have is they can’t score and boundaries, only singles...need just over 10 from each the last 4 overs.

• Advertisement

15 required in the last over... and Kumara bowls an over of absolute dirt coupled with some quality and powerful striking ...its over, have to say Sri Lanka might be accused of loosing that as much as SA winning

Advertisement