Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So my brother has a Volvo S60 R design D4.

Options
  • 29-10-2021 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

It is a 2013 model. He said a light came on today and when he changed the drive setting to sport it went off. What could it be? He did not know what the light was.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does he remember what colour the light was or a rough idea what it looked like? Generally red or orange is something to flag your attention to as a possible fault, green is usually used to show something turned on or active.

If he knows where on the dash the light was it should light up when he puts the ignition in the On position before the car starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

M

Might be a tyre pressure warning light or engine management light, most common.

Tyre pressure warning light - Check the tyre pressure in all 4 tyres.

Engine management light - Have fault codes read

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Volvo has a multitude of warning messages that appear from anything like the seat belt is use in the rear because of child seats fitted to the boot is open all orange and can disappear if detects solved. I've a V60 . If it's not in the scrollable logs it's most likely not a concern.

Ms

Nope not them. The dash said Reduced engine performance and the yellow i light between the speed and rev counter was on but he say that comes on for everything.

He said he just turned on sport mode on the car and turned it off again and it was gone.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    M

Diesel particulate filter clogged perhaps, has he being doing much non urban driving to clear it?

Sounds quite like MAF issues measuring airflow into the system. Sport mode may modify the volumes they it needs could also be fuel as above. Tell him to check for any loose air pipes or cracks in them from airbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

So it's basically a guessing game?

Your brother has a Volvo, there was a light on the dash, he didn't know what it was, now it's gone and now we all get to guess what it was.

My guess - flux capacitor issue. Hope i win.

Ms

He does not live in the city lives in the Country so yes it gets a lot of driving.

Yes he was thinking it might be something to do with the exhaust alright.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

I am sure if it happens again he will just get the Volvo garage he bought it from to have a look af it. He is not a mechanic and neither am I.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Nobody knows the answer so it's a bit of an unanswerable game.

That being said, you should do it Squid Games style, all incorrect answers get a bullet in the head. Would really liven up the thread.

So what are we trying to solve here then if he's not DIY ing a solution. . ....

Ms

I just wanted to see if anyone else had experience of this or knew what the light might have meant.

Anyway if he keeps happening he will just bring it back to the Volvo garage where he bought it. Let them look at it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ok he bought it in a Volvo garage. We get it :P

Advertisement