Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokemon Go Mark III

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I can see the community day being great for either people who didn't play for the first time Eevee was around, or PvP players. I think some of the moves are promising for PvP anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm interested in the two sword and shield legendary but can't get out to raid and can't seem to get anyone to raid with

Umbreon is currently available without the walking requirement of 10km if Eevee is your buddy

Espeon will be available tomorrow morning during the daytime same deal stick Eevee as your buddy feed them three berries and once they're on your map go evolve for Umbreon tonight or Espeon tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

A new season update, with Hoopa becoming obtainable in its confined form.

So, community day for October is Duskull. The community reception to this has not been great, can't say I'm surprised at that. It's no use for raids, and I don't think it's gonna be much use for PvP either.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

And shiny is already released right? So a general meh!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think it's been out 3 years now.

Having a good start to this fashion event, got shiny Sneasel and Butterfree so far out of it.

Interesting that there's an event to give out Zarude, but dang it Niantic, where's Kecleon!

Any luck with shiny lake trio? I haven't done too many raids so no shinies yet

Yeah, got 3 Azelf, 2 Mesprit, and an Uxie. Been running a lot of Mesprit for folks on other continents, know of a few that have gotten the shiny of it from them which is nice.

Well jealous!

• Advertisement

Really hoping Litwick will be the shiny added for Halloween, I'm mad to get that one.

So, got my Liverpool spawns yesterday, played locally cause I wasn't gonna head overseas, and it was absolutely not worth it. Spawn rates were awful, shiny rates were worse, all in all a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭josip

A little off topic, but a while back on the old platform I was grumbling about it being impossible to play whenever I'm down in New Ross because of a particular spoofer who liked to 'own' all the gyms. I don't mind spoofers. As long as they don't kick me out of every gym within 10 minutes of me being there physically that is.

Since then, I've been working on increasing the number of gyms, the thinking being that more gyms would simply mean more effort to maintain ownership and there might come a tipping point when it all became too much. Plus, if some of those gyms were on the periphery of the town, they would have to take care not to move between them too quickly. Before I started, there were 6 gyms in the town. This evening, it gets its 21st. But I can only claim to have created 13 of the 15 new.

The last time I was down, the original spoofer was still dominant on one side of the town. But a new spoofer of a different colour seems to have taken 'ownership' of the West Bank :) I could see that they constantly battled for 'control' of the town centre, but the peripheral gyms were less hotly contested and I was able to overnight in different gyms on consecutive nights for my 50 coins.

(Ignore the POI colouring below, it's Ingress-specific)

My work here is done, the hinterland beckons.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Darksoul

Good job just wondering what app or site you use just to show the cells the reason I'm asking is I live in the absolute of nowhere in countryside and I know I need at least 2 valid pokestop in the one cell to trigger a gym? Anyways while I have spare time I might try and see can I get a gym.

Basically there's only 3 pokestops and 1 gym in a 2 km radius :D

Myself and another local player managed to get a bunch of new stops and I think 2 new gyms in Longford town since the start of lockdown last year, kinda run out of particularly good stuff to submit at this point though.

I followed the steps here

There's no way I would have continued nominating without it. The frustration of a submission being wasted because it was pinned 2m on the wrong side of a cell boundary, would put me off big time.

Some examples, here in Rathmines either someone got very lucky or they were using the map. The postbox is pinned about 15m behind where it actually is, but you might get away with that on street view if it's in the correct line. That way they get a sub in the cell to the left and they're careful with the pinning of the sub on the northern boundary, not to end up with a wasted sub in that cell.

Just look at the amount of wasted subs in busy places. Only 1 circle in each cell will show in PoGo.

I doubt if these are all Ingress players (who do see all the POIs in-game). After a few successful submissions that don't show up in-game, most of these people would have given up.

One word of warning about rural subs. You're wasting your time unless there's a footpath or equivalent beside the sub. That part of the game is heavily biased towards urban dwellers. I completely understand why rural people would spoof if they can't get local stuff approved. The one advantage of rural subs is that the turnaround time is sweet, 3-5 days usually. My Dublin subs usually take 2 - 14 months.

At this stage, I get more fun out of trying to fill the map than the game itself 🙂

If you get stuck on the browser script install, you can PM me the place you want a detailed grid of and I can send it on.

I installed on Chrome.

On the IITC thing, I presume other towns and cities around Ireland saw new gyms appearing last week without any logic. Couple of new ones here in Limerick, and stops as well, where previously they weren't in pogo due to bring in the same cell as another stop. We had a gym appear as without any new stops added.

Yesterday we had several CircleK sponsored stops and gyms appearing out of nowhere too.

There's a CircleK in Longford, so now I'm curious if that's a new stop too.

Any Circle K I passed yesterday was a stop/gym, I never thought they might be sponsored; I thought they'd lowered the bar for a valid POI :)

The funny thing is we've a circle k stop that's nowhere near an actual garage and seems to be exactly where a previous POI nomination was rejected.

• Advertisement

The Circle K in Longford is a gym now, though the location is slightly off. Still, won't complain about a new gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,665 ✭✭✭✭phog

Don't know if this was mentioned (just glanced through the last few posts) but most, if not all Circle K Gyms are twin gyms, as in there are two at the same location. It can be a drag trying to get into one in particular, especially for a raid.

First time since the Community Day, the Ed Sheeran event is gonna have Squirtle with sunglasses available to catch.

Druddigon making its debut, alongside the shiny.

So, I've ended up getting a ticket to go to the Berlin Go Fest event. Anyone else planning to go to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Almost a year later, Litwick is on the way 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Gamergurll

I will finally get to finish this quest! Although Drifloon have been appearing the last few days and helping 😂

Better late than never :V

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Great event but Chandelure was let down by the exclusive move.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'd hoped for better. At least the shiny is one I love.

Advertisement