Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Batman VR is $4.99 on US store if anyone has an account/balance

It's €7.99 on IE store.. which is also the lowest price ever there too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finished Statik and had a quick go of Boxvr. For anyone here who's played it, did you have any trouble with the dodges? Like when I squat, the obstacle seems to go down as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I don't remember having a problem with dodges. The hook action took a while to get used to the timing tho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

it's a leak so take with grain of salt. More details

Some of the things that were mentioned:

• Referred to as NGVR by Sony (next gen PSVR) - not PSVR 2
    • Will use Fresnel OLED screens with a 2000x2040 resolution per eye
    • HDR display
    • FOV is 110 degrees
    • Uses Flexible Scaling Resolution in addition to Foveated Rendering which used in conjunction conjunction eye tracking both which aims to scale resolution based upon the user's concentrated view and reduces the strains on PS5 resources
    • Haptics are planned for the headset itself to reduce motion sickness and improve immersion
    • The new controllers which don't have a name yet will be packaged with every new NGVR headset at launch.
    • The controllers will include capacitive touch sensors, which are analogue based and can track the distance between your fingers and thumb. This is in addition to haptics and adaptive triggers which have already been announced
    • Sony want to move away from "VR experiences" and concentrate on AAA games with an aim to make hybrid games that are playable in both flat screen and VR. When those titles launch you can even select which version you want to download.
    • Nothing was mentioned regarding BC for PSVR1 but there is a push to remaster some PSVR1 games
    • The headset itself wasn't shown and release date wasn't mentioned but launch plans will be revealed in early 2022.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Stop touching yourself

I downloaded Dinosaur Island VR and Mind Labyrinth VR for the PS5 but neither will progress beyond the initial login screen- the VR headset is tracking onscreen for Dinosaur Island so I can select start game and toggle between menu options, but once I'm in the game the headset stops tracking and the gun stays pointing in the same direction.

As for Mind Labyrinth, I can get as far as the screen to select controller type, but nothing happens after this- has anybody else experienced this?

I am using the dualsense controller for both games. (I tried swapping out with the spare on, and connecting with bluetooth and cable but neither worked)

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just started box vr and it is good :)

Definitely need an open window and a bit of floor wiping. Open space would be the best lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Not sure about either game but I didnt think the Dualsense worked with the PSVR games as it will be looking into light tracking.

I haven't tried either of the ones, only VR games I've played on the ps5 required Move controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That's correct, the Dualsense only works with a handful of PSVR games that don't require controller tracking (e.g Resident Evil 7 VR, WipEout Omega Collection, Dirt Rally, and a couple of others). The majority require the Dualshock from the PS4.

• Advertisement

Anyone tried Synth Riders? 20% off at the moment. Rhythm game, looks pretty cool, not a million miles away from Beat Saber but looks a better track lineup, at least for my tastes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,619 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I got very bad motion sickness playing Dirt Rally last night. I had to have a lie down after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭newbie2012!

I hope this is the correct place for this question!

I am looking to buy a VR headset that is compatible with the PS5. Also, would the suggested headset work with a Nintendo switch?

thanks

This is the right place! :)

There is a new PSVR headset coming out "sometime in 2022" so might be worth waiting around for that if you can?

No the headset won't work with the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I've been looking around for a Playstation VR bundle for Christmas but it appears to be out of stock everywhere. Has anyone managed to buy one of these recently (and if so where)? Are they already phasing out production to build up demand for the new one coming out next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭newbie2012!

If you find them somewhere, could you share please?

Transformers game incoming before the end of the year. Could well be awful, bit it's Transformers so i'm still excited

also noticed Beat Saber multiplying is now live for PSVR

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wildrover444

Hi .not sure if this is the right thread for this question. I'm selling my ps VR mega pack.my son got it from Santa a couple of xmases ago and hasn't played it at all this year . If i sold it can the person that buys it use the games that came with it . The 5 games that came with it needed to be downloaded from the PS store .think we had downloaded all of them and played there here and there. Any advice would be appreciated.

Were they download codes?

If so, I'd imagine they are single-use.

• Advertisement

If they were downloaded (I.e. no disc) then they'll be linked to your PSN account now, so can't be played by anyone else I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wildrover444

Yes think I downloaded all of them . Thanks for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,619 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Is anyone here playing Sniper Elite VR and is it worth picking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Getting the Quest and the prescription lenses made me decide to go ahead and order the lenses for the PSVR so must do that in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

And the official specs, coloured me very interested.

Release date and cost now please....sooner rather than later thank you!

Hopefully a full game and not just an add-on experience!

The fact its being built by Firesprite gives me hope its a fairly full game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

That word "experience" got me concerned too. And notice in that (admittedly tiny) clip, they were on a boat which is very on-rails. But, having said that, Wipeout looks amazing on PS4/VR.

The specs look very good alright. But I doubt it could push 4K VR at any decent framerate. But I'd say it would run 2X 1080 or 2 X, I don't know, 2K at a decent framerate to avoid motion sickness.

However it all comes down to three things:

• Price.... Which leads to
    • Adoption... Which leads to
    • Support

Without a HUGE adoption rate (I'm thinking 80% of PS5 owners) then it will remain a novelty. Apart from first Party (Sony-owned) studios, who would spend vast amounts of resources and money for a niche product. They could port PC VR games to it such as the last Half Life but do you spend an additional 10 million dollars porting to a device with a few hundred thousand units?

I mean, I'm interested. But it would need a HELL of a lot more support and games than the PSVR1 got to make me buy unless it was dirt cheap (Which it can't be)

• Advertisement

I'm still holding off on getting a PS5 until they add 3d BluRay support so that rules me out of PSVR2 as well (for now) ;)

Advertisement