Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

** fuel pump relay question **

Options
  • 26-10-2021 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

so still working on finding the parasitic draw on my 2010 merc e220 w212 and I trace it back to the fuel pump fuse, when the fuse is pulled, the draw goes back to normal, so hey, that should be it, reading about I read about the "fuel pump relay" which is a large box located under the rear passenger seat, disconnecting this does not seem to fix the issue, my questions are this... 1. is the unit designed to close the circuit when the car is turned off? maybe this fault is causing it to stay open... and 2. am i on the right track with this? is there some other route i could be exploring, any advice is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I have a Mitsubishi lancer 2010 and it was the Bluetooth module that was draining my battery.

It wasn't working when i bought it and then when i wasn't using the car much the battery was going flat as it was that still drawing the power.

Just another option to explore maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭celica1994

well i have this traced to the fuel pump relay fuse so pulling that is showing the drop in amps but cheers for the suggestion pal! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Do you have any kind of wiring diagram for the car? If you locate the relay, remove it and see if the power draw stops. If there are similar relays fitted you may be able to swap one over and see what happens then. Pulling a fuse or relay out will show you what system is causing the draw of power, but not necessarily the faulty item - it could be the fuel pump itself or a wiring fault. If there is another relay, you could try the suspect one in another circuit and see if the fault swaps over to that system.

I'm not a car guy, but hopefully that might be of use

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭celica1994

yea i removed the relay and it didnt drop, only when i pull the fuse to the relay from the fuse board unfortunatly

Advertisement