Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Angela Scanlon's Ask Me Anything (RTE1 on Saturday Nights)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Coming soon to RTE1 (probably in March) in the slot currently filled by Tommy Tiernan is 'Angela Scanlon's Ask Me Anything'

This has an 8 week run and will feature '“surprises and unexpected revelations for the guests, as they all agree to be asked, absolutely anything” and more importantly Angela is "“trying to have a house kitten on set (ginger obviously)”.

https://www.thejournal.ie/angela-scanlon-rte-show-4977640-Jan2020/

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/ask-me-anything-angela-scanlons-new-saturday-night-show-to-air-from-march-38889101.html

Angela Scanlon's previous TV experience includes The One Show, some RTE documentaries, Getaways, Robot Wars and those An Post adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

My AMA question is.....Angela what did you have to do to get a job in RTE ahead of Gerry Ryans kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

They really don't want to put Ray D'Arcy back on TV it seems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

My AMA question is.....Angela who did you have to do to get a job in RTE ahead of Gerry Ryans kid.
    FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭batistuta9

This finally made it to air, The show & angela are already showing how crap the late late show & tubridy are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

In fairness, that's not hard to do. Tubridy is just an imbecile when it comes to interaction with people.

The chat here is just flowing, no cue cards, no misery, no death etc...

Only criticism is that the people in the audience at the tables need some drinks and snacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's not bad for an opening episode, was expecting Martin Compston to be via Zoom, great he was there in person. If only Jim Corr would be allowed on, he would have lots of comment on the current world order, I expect Trump's new social network will allow him on.

If this was Tubridy, it would have been so Sharon tell me how your Mother's death affected you as a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Maybe it's the mediocrity of turbidity and d'arcy, giving me low expectations, but I'm pleasently surprised this isn't complete cack.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement

Great that the guests are just on for a chat too. Not flogging a movie or a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

A breath of fresh air on the RTE schedule. Lively, great guests and Angela definitely engages with them. Fair play Angela

In all fairness, you're setting 'the bar' fairly low there................mind you, that Pamela Anderson interview with Darcy was comedy gold.

Now that you mentioned it....Mrs Mc Carthy are transfixed by the empty/ clear tables

• Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

On the scale from Darcy to Tommy Tiernan where does Angela sit

Well, obviously Darcy is the lowest common denominator, Tommys show is a totally different animal to Angeles gig so I would say they're on a 'par'

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks to be pre-recorded a week plus in advance, they showed next weeks guests in the preview.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

She's always very likeable, so easy with the camera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

I like Angela Scanlon and enjoyed the show. The guests were very likeable unlike the vacuous insufferable Amy Huberman who'll be on the next show.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I think rte haven’t the heart to drop tubridy for some reason, he’s not even an employee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭FGR

Shame it's not live on the telly.

God I knew I wouldn't like that show from the first time he said that..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Didn't make it past halfway of the Sharon Corr interview.

Pros:

It's not Tubs.

It's not D'arcy

Guests don't seem to be on purely to flog something

It's not Tubs

Angela Scanlon is a good presenter

Cons:

For a show that has had such a long lead in, they seemed to be really struggling for stuff to talk to the guests about i.e. bringing Martin Compton's wife into the conversation and showing them kissing. Very cringe.

They went with the "tell us how great Ireland is" schtick with MC.

Sharon Corr a very uninspiring guest imo. RTE seem to love getting the Corr sisters on, despite the fact they haven't been relevant for a long time in terms of their music.

I won't be setting aside time to watch this on a weekly basis as I just find it very "meh".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

searched 'Angela Scanlon' and came across a thread called 'Sack the stylist, again and again' ... but it was locked...

edit: she just mentioned "I was a stylist, back in the day..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

This show is surprisingly watchable…but Kielty tells that story about flying to LA for Deeleys birthday everytime he’s on anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dynomutt

Dreadful frocks on the host and guests aside, this programme seems to have the least telegenic audience possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This week finale has actress and writer Aisling Bea, former rugby player Peter Stringer and chef and author Donal Skehan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Tandey

Flicked this on. Why is yer man fake laughing at the end of every sentence. Strange guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Be right back

Advertisement