Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Finance .

• 23-10-2021 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Can anyone assist - my head is wrecked

if a car costs €66000

if my deposit is €19800 and the GMFV is €24640

apr 3.9%

over 3 years are my monthly’s €800.33???

seems high

iv been to three garages and all are giving different figures for similar car .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 oldblues

What do you think it should be?

Also need to know if the €19,8k is trade in or cash deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭GusGus

Cash deposit . Well different garage for very similar car €64500

says monthly’s would be €639 with deposit at 30%

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Are they giving finance figures off the retail price or discounted price of the new car? Are they adding/excluding other things like a service plan into the monthly figures? Some will also hide the cost of things like paint protection, etc into the figures.

It's very easy to hide these things into monthly figures as it can only add maybe €20 onto the monthly figure which the customer may not take much notice of. Also many people only focus on the monthly cost and don't actually know who much the car and credit is actually costing over the 3 years. PCP is not regulated the same as other forms of credit so it's very easy and a potential sharp practice to sugar coat or sneak costs into figures.

I'd suggest getting a statement from each dealer with a detailed breakdown of the finance figures and then ask each dealer why their figures are different for the same product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭GusGus

BMW 4 series .

oh listen I know about sharp practice . I already knocked a 1100 of stuff I didn’t want .

I guess my question is - Hiw is it possible

€66000 = €800 monthly

€64500 = €639 monthly

apr 3.9 and over 37 months .

I’ll deal with the extras separately .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Put the figures into a pcp calculator yourself to see what is right.

Advertisement