Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Homelessness executive criticises charities/services over tents and on street food

Options
  • 22-10-2021 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭

Have to say I agree with everything here. I have no doubt some of the volunteers are kind hearted who just want to help.

However, I am absolutely convinced they are being used as a political and financial tool to keep homelessness in full view of the public and homeless people on the streets in tents or eating food.

I think there needs to be a crack down on these services intentionally encouraging people to stay in tents or eat dinner on the street when there is accommodation available. Most may not be pleasant but it's a roof and heat.

Also the statement that most of the users of these services are not even homeless is bizarre as well.

One night of -10c this winter in Dublin and this charade will end in tragedy.

Comments

Advertisement