Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,536 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

It might end up in another round of impeachment moves against him, were he to run again AND get elected again. Then again, if he were to be convicted in court before the voting started at any level, even the individual state committee stages, the USSC might tell him it wont hear any case he and his legal team petitions it to hear because of the conviction. Civil cases might be seen by the USSC as outside its remit if they were brought in State courts by citizens [singular or class-action cases] against Trump over his own actions or the actions of others thinking he had given them power to commit criminal actions against the citizens. I don't know if any Cops injured in the line of duty against the Capitol Hill mob have stated cases against Trump on the basis of the Mob members court defence claims that their actions were authorised by then-President Trump.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Now that's a test for "his" Supreme Court.

The decision on Executive Privilege is made by the sitting President , which despite his plaintive whimpers to the Contrary is not Donald Trump.

The only valid legal response from the USSC on this is "The President has approved the document release , you aren't the President now go away"

Reading an Extra.ie item on an MSNBC page about his latest legal move, it seems Trump wants some information [disputed documents] the committee IS TO GET possession of from the National Archive in early Nov be omitted when, presumably a committee report or press release, is made public. It makes one suspect that there's something which he doesn't want the public or his base to hear or get to know about his activities on the 06 Jan 2020....

Donald Trump filed a lawsuit against a select committee which is investigation the circumstances surrounding the riots last January. The lawsuit also targets the country’s National Archive.

In the suit filed on Monday, Mr Trump’s representatives have argued that some of the information due to be released by the committee should be protected.

It is argued that documents which contained confidential communications gathered in the committee investigation should be omitted when they are released to the public.

Mr Trump’s team suggested that those communications should be protected by executive privilege, which they argued should have been afforded to him as a result of his former role of Commander in Chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump staying as classy as ever, is there nothing this man won't say or do to make it all about himself?

I have no love for Powell and believe he should have stood trial for the lies he told to the UN that got America into the second Iraq war but this is just unbelievable from Trump.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

We have seen enough politicians pass such that this crass, obnoxious and bitter broadside is fairly boilerplate stuff from Trump. Makes you wonder if any deaths in his own family have elicited a scintilla of empathy. God knows he can't fake any for peers or compatriots. I have no fondness for Powell or his actions but he leaves grieving family behind, and shouldn't be a big ask from a public figure to show them some sympathy

• Advertisement

I'm sure he will have another rant when he isn't invited to the funeral and will blame the usual Liberal lefties or "fake news" somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,409 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just when you think you can’t be surprised any more by Donald trump, he proves us all wrong by sinking even lower. I mean there have been bad things you can say about most US presidents of the modern era, but one thing that had in common is when they were and are called upon to do the basics of offering condolences to a family as ex president, they can at least do that with some degree of decency. All except Donald trump who couldn’t even lower the flags at the White House and as was mentioned he had to get a slight in.

whatever else you may think of Colin Powell, he due to his military service in Vietnam and after that deserves the flag lowering and whatever else is due him. I mean Trump at least once complained that he didn’t get credit for lower the flags, when in reality he didn’t even do anything special.

Well to elicite empathy don’t you need to have some ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

There's just a bone spur between Trump and Powell.

And in another episode of not even Nixon would do this/act this way. Above is Richard Nixon's letter to Jackie Kennedy after the assassination of JFK in November 1963.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,012 ✭✭✭✭looksee

'Hope that happens to me someday'

So busy being snide and sarcastic that he didn't really think that through!

According to a Washington Post interview with Senator Tommy Tuberville, the GOP lawmakers were already in a secure room when they decided to huddle in the closet. What they were seeking was not safety, but privacy, so they could plot their next move in light of the insurrection. For these senators, the original plan that day was to challenge the certification of Joe Biden’s election victory in several states, in support of Donald Trump’s baseless efforts to overturn the results.

But now that hundreds of violent marauders were demanding the same thing, the Republicans in the closet worried that solidarity with the mob might not be a good look.

“One thing that was brought up was that people were hurt,” Mr Tuberville said.

Besides, the senators knew they didn’t have the votes to stop Mr Biden from becoming president.

“Do we want to continue this,” Mr Tuberville remembered wondering, “if there’s not going to be a result we are looking for anyway?”

Looking at what the senator reportedly said in the interview, it seems to me that he was being very candid there. I cant help but think, seeing as it's printed in the W/Post, Trump won't like it one bit.

Would I be reading too much into it by thinking that the senator has thrown in the towel as far as Trump being a GOP candidate for 2024 is concerned and is splitting himself completely from Trump, or is it only as far as the present Capitol Riot mob court trials AND committee hearings are concerned?

Is he a lawmaker who has woken up and admitted the 2020 GOP strategy was wrong when it came to standing with Trump and his fake re-election rhetoric is concerned?

Post edited by aloyisious on

If so, he'll probably also pass comment about the honour being given to Powell ref permission in whatever location the General is being waked at in the same way he did McCain.

Concerning matters the first Trump presidential-election campaign [2016] and the election campaign of Ted Cruz, The AG for the DC area, Karl Racine, has tweeted that facebook majority shareholder Mark Zuckerberg has been attached to a privacy lawsuit against Facebook as Mr Zuckerberg was personally involved in deciding to allow Cambridge Analytica access to the personal data of up to 87 million Facebook members. The lawsuit was filed in 2018.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Trump has announced his next failed company to big fanfare as always.

Donald Trump has announced plans to launch a social media platform called TRUTH Social that will rolled be out early next year.

Trump announced the news in a press release on Wednesday, saying the platform will be open to “invited users” for a beta launch in November, with plans to make it available to the broader public in the beginning of next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Donald Trump has announced plans to launch a social media platform called TRUTH Social

My irony meter just shattered into a thousand pieces.

I actually had to check that this wasn’t old news because there was something similar post January 6th. I see the launch date in the beginning of next year, which falls under the release of taxes, healthcare plan(although he did give a timeframe for that), and I’m sure I’m forgetting some others but we’ve seen this box office flop before.

The sure fire way to know it won’t happen is trump talking about it.

Prepare for it to to be now ground down to dust

So his new America (YUUUHHH!!!) "TRUTH" site is part of Ynho g holdings (CHYNA)

Meanwhile Trump rants about how he is going to be taking on the auld demons in the "big tech" world

Meanwhile under the T&C's we have the below, is this another subscription service? Does anyone else see yet another Trump bankruptcy in the near future going by these?

And just to finish off your irony meter for the day, Donald J Trump, the bastion of free speech, the man who will take on big tech because the big meanies took away his Twitter will not let you have carte blanche to say what you want, oh no no no, they will ban you if you break those T&C's

And just when you thought it couldn't get any funnier

According to a post on The New Civil Rights Movement F/B page, a gent named Mikael Thalen [a tech writer with the Daily Dot based in Austin Texas] hacked the site using the handle @donaldtrump and the site has been taken offline.

WaPo's Tech reporter, Drew Harwell is following a report that accounts for Donald Trump and Mike Pence on it were either created by other persons or the accounts were vulnerable and hacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Surprised Donnie's cybersecurity advisor Rudy Giuliani wasn't able to prevent this hacking 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

This source seems to think the new Trump social media venture is just another way of him making money and it doesn't matter if it fails or not. https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2059403?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=Sendible&utm_campaign=RSS&fbclid=IwAR25Gznce3qWbINe6YMcSeNEJf_Vwwon2NNFt5B2uZOX_3DAUNy3960SqNg

One of the fund market players who had put forward funding to the media venture has reportedly withdrawn his offer made to the group behind the venture as he had not known the group and the venture was connected to Trump. He said he cancelled his involvement because Trump was connected to it.

On another matter related to Trump, Rudy Giuliani's associate Lev Parnas was found guilty today of all 6 criminal charges by the jury related to the secret movement of funds from Russia for Trumps campaign in the hope of getting the OK from US politicians to set up a weed business. Parnas may now face a civil lawsuit from the SEC in NYC which was put on hold while the criminal funds trial was ongoing.

Now I’m sure we all remember when Kevin McCarthy put forward his picks for the January 6th commission that didn’t happen and one of those picks was rep. Andy Biggs of Indiana and Nancy pelosi said no and McCarthy threw toys out of several prams. Well it seems rep briggs has been requesting documents from the same federal agencies that the committee is asking from and signing it ranking member which he isn’t. Liz Cheney called him on it on the house floor and he’s not happy.

Oh and in more lols rolling stone is reporting that the new social media has gone dark already because it’s violated it’s own software agreement. Amateurs Ted, complete cowboys.

FYI, on matters Capitol Insurrection bid, BBC 2 TV is playing the documentary "Four Hours At The Capitol" covering the storming of the Capitol building at 5 minutes past midnight again.

It was 11:05pm and I missed the first five minutes but I’m recording it and I’m watching it now and it’s **** surreal because this lot genuinely believe the **** they are saying. It was nuts to see the TV coverage on that evening but to see footage I’ve never seen and interviews with the people who broke into the building, it’s a wonder this hadn’t happened before and you’d wonder what the future is for America because there’s a lot of people who have this alternative version of reality.

I thought his attack on Colin Powell was a new low for Trump, I honestly thought WOW there's no way he could possibly go any lower.

But it's Trump, he always has to set a new bar

He’s a **** cretin. Jesus h Christ and it wasn’t up to him to allow John McCains funeral as he said.

this documentary on the riot on BBC two is eye opening because the amount of mental gymnastics is startling.

• Advertisement

Oh there’s a protester who used an apprentice reference to say he got arrested and trump left and would say that trump was fired.

Also, how the hell can these people try to say it was peaceful. There’s **** video that shows CLEARLY it was anything but peaceful.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

Advertisement