Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Custom charges query

• 22-10-2021 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all, I want to buy a dress off a person living in the UK. The dress is sold out online and is expected to be restocked in a few weeks but is sure to sell out straight away. The dress retails online brand new at £159.00.

The person I know wore it once and is willing to sell it to me for £110 including post.

does anyone know if I will be charged customs? Is there a way of avoiding these charges? E.g the person sends it to me as a ‘gift’ .. how to customs value an item?

Maybe Could the sender put a value on the customs declaration form for the dress as ‘ £79.50’ as it has been worn once thus loosing half its value?

I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,100 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think you are lost, this is the motors buying and selling forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭User1998

As above, this is the motors forum.

But since your here, a gift will attract no customs duty, and a very low value on the customs declaration will attract a very low customs charge. Just be sure not to include any labels/receipts that show the full RRP. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

How many miles are on the dress?

Yes you will be charged and also the seller has to make an electronic declaration otherwise it will be rejected.

Advertisement