Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Big Yin Meets the Vacuous Grin: The Late Late Show-Friday 22nd October 2021

• 21-10-2021 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

This week's show offers a potential comedy and misery slot rolled into one, as the great Billy Connolly features as the headline guest. We can but trust in the Big Yin to head off Mr. Fun's attempts to lift the spirits of the nation.

"One of the greatest and most influential stand-up comedians of all time, Scottish star Billy Connolly will join Ryan Tubridy from Florida as he reflects on his stellar 50 years in comedy."

In an unusual move, RTE plugs one of its own shows-imagine! Davy Fitz, who is seemingly making it his mission to manage every county on the island, instahun Anna Geary, and Donncha O'Callaghan will all be selling their wares.

"Ireland's Fittest Family coaches Anna Geary, Davy Fitzgerald, Derval O'Rourke and Donncha O’Callaghan will be talking about the return of the hit series on October 31 and explain how their on-screen rivalry has filtered into real life."

There she is there, now.

Meh.

"Actor Robert Sheehan, star of Love/Hate, The Umbrella Academy, Misfits and The Mortal Instruments, will be on the show to talk about growing up in Portlaoise, becoming an author despite nearly failing English in the Leaving Certificate and why he'll never lose his midlands accent."

Must have another book out.

"Author John Boyne will talk about being one of the most prolific and successful Irish authors in recent years.

From The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas to The Heart's Invisible Furies and The Echo Chamber, he’ll reveal the stories behind some of his most successful books and what inspires him to keep writing best-selling novels."

More encyclopedic knowledge of ladies football will feature here, no doubt. More likely he'll hone in on something downbeat.

"One of the stars of the All-Ireland winning Meath ladies football team Vikki Wall will share her favourite photos from the GAA year from the 2021 edition of the popular book Season of Sundays."

Music by Tolu Makay and Malaki, apparently.

I wonder if any of the chosen hundred are frontline workers-ISTR Mr. Cancer promising us they would be.

"The show will welcome 100 audience members on Friday night. While operating at half its capacity, it will be the largest studio audience for the show since before Covid restrictions were introduced in March 2020."

Enjoy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,804 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dazzler risen for LLS

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Láidir agus Dílis

Anna Geary looks nothing special in that pic..with her big powerful arse and hips. Doesn't look too tall, or elegant. Great woman to squat I'd say alright.

Wonder will Tubridy be aware, or ask, Davy Shitz about Shefflin wiping his eye with the Galway job. Don't like the little whingey moaner at all. Every time he abuses an official, goes on a rant, runs on to the pitch is carefully calculated to keep him in the limelight. It's all about Ireland's Fittest Family and his show where he gets deprived lads to climb a mountain now, all about the money.

No other hurling manager is a regular on the Late Late, he's on the rte cash cow. Also all his crap about him and his father being bullied. Something tells me he does most of the bullying. You don't see John Kiely, Brian Cody, Michael O'Donoghue, Kieran Kingston etc regularly on the LLS. They are just concerned with managing. Davy is a one man circus.

Post edited by Láidir agus Dílis on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I'm all about Anna tbh, even if she did up sticks as it were, and feck off to Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭TheDavester

So what will Anna's latest venture to stay relevant be this time, in the last few years she's moved from being a news reader, then radio host, then influencer then life coach (and probably more im forgetting )

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Láidir agus Dílis

I'd say she'll open up about her struggles with mental health and how she suffered PTSD after clubmate Aishling Thompson, below, used give her a wedgie after every training session.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,528 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

Ryan is going to completely butcher the Billy Connolly interview. There will be alot of fake guffawing and a really miserable misery and /or Mortality question to finish. I hope Billy's agent has told him what to expect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭StevenToast

If you have any care for your own mental well being.....you wont watch this muck tonight...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭briany

Billy Connolly would be a dream guest on the Tommy Tiernan Show. Those two could have a really warm, deep and funny conversation. I don't know exactly how Connolly's health is these days - maybe not good enough to make him want to leave his home just to be on a chat show - but it would be great all the same. A conversation with Tubridy over Zoom, on the other hand? Still always nice to see Billy but it's about as underwhelming a format as you'd be able to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I think Billy is dragging out this illness, I think he should die and get it over with before we all get bored

like he said he wished the terrorists holding Ken Bigley hostage would just "get on with it" and kill him

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/billy-make-fun-of-terrorists-you-smug-coward-26225129.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Billy's no fool, he knows what your man is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,055 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Evening all.

Every mention of the Toy Show down a shoulder of vodka.

A whooping and cheering audience.

Let's see how long that lasts. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Wish someone would tell that gobshite doing the intro that it's not pronounced Turbidy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Why don’t they show the audience?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

"It's not over yet, but it nearly is..." - does this fool even remotely believe this cr@p ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Nearly there? What overloading the health system?

🙈🙉🙊

Why are the audience shots only from the back ? do they not want to show them wearing masks ?

When Tubs retires after 29 years of presenting this, he'll remember that time the guests came on early as the maddest thing ever to happen during his LLS reign.

This is what's called 'spontaneity', Ryan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I lasted 5 seconds and switched over to The Masked singer.

A flower is singing.

It's far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

He’s a week behind the Billy Connolly interviews he was on Graham last week & even Lorraine

• Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Why is there a full audience. All this talk of only doing what you need to do, do we really need a full audience..... no. But we have one that will indeed lead to more cases.

Overloading the health service with 92% adults vaccinated ?

You'd just love the level 5 lockdown to come back wouldn't you ??

Will Billy tell his Ken Bigley joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,549 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Am I alone in thinking Billy Connolly about as funny as a kick in the bollix?

Jeremy Renner's put on a bit of weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Late Late audience is 200 they have 100 in tonight relax

If King Henry wants your job it's not your job anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Davy’s like a child

loves the limelight too

Advertisement