Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hidden hearing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,000 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I haven't any direct experience of them in terms of tests etc, I don't deal with them because of their ignorant and persistent marketing activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭samdeluxjones

Just been to them with elderly relation and first thing they do is show you a hearing aid chart with star rating low to high with no pricing. They test your hearing and give you sample hearing aids and do a few simple tests again with high pitched noise box. They then tell you the pricing and the ones they gave you cost €6k and the low star cheap ones are €700 but according to the chart are pure dirt.

I priced similar product later online and almost is half the price from states or UK.

No mention of battery life and how long before they will have to be replaced.

On the subject of battery life - my last ones are rechargeable and while they are slightly bigger than battery ones they are considerably easier to deal with than constantly buying and changing batteries. The size isn't an issue, well not as much as I thought it would be, once they are settled into place they are fine. I did find I needed one of them a tiny bit further back on my ear than originally placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Any alternatives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lamar Davis

I have being with hidden hearing 12 years and still wearing the ones i bought off them that long😀 i paid 5k for mine and they are still in excellent condition and i get them checked every year by them and yes they have persistent marketing always trying to get me to buy new ones even thou they will be much better but i have no issue with the old ones so way change for now, i get life time supply batteries but i will look at other offers so its great to find a topic on this..👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭montac

Hi all. Apologies for resurrecting an old post. I have had my heating tested by Hidden Hearing, and they suggest that I get a single hearing aid for €2695. I find their pricing to be less than transparent. I had to write my own price list before leaving the centre today. I have since seen the same hearing aid for circa €1600 on the online-hearings.com site. Has anyone purchased hearings aids online instead of through a practitioner? It appears all I need to do is to send my audio gram to this website and they will configure the hearing aid accordingly. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I have never bought on line. I personally prefer to go to an audiologist because often after you buy and are fitted with your aids, some tweaking and adjustments might be necessary.

Generally the price of hearing aids contains the audiologist's qualifications, experience, and services, plus full customer care back up for the lifetime of the aids...usually around four years.

I got my HA's last summer in the "Dublin Hearing Aid Centre" on Dorset St. I am very happy with them and also with the service provided. No doubt I'd have got them cheaper on line, but it brings peace of mind knowing that if anything goes wrong (nothing so far), I just have to bring them in. If they can't be fixed on the spot, I will get a replacement set until mine are ready.

If you'd like to get a second opinion here is a link :

https://www.dublinhearingaids.com

I agree with Rigsby, hearing aids are not plug and go, they certainly need adjustment to your hearing and later tweaking. I am not hugely impressed with Specsavers hearing service but they have been adjusted a couple of times and when one broke (no one's fault, I think it was dodgy to start with because the replacement is a huge improvement) it was just replaced and adjusted, no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Treatystone

Thanks for this information. I would love to hear from someone who purchased hearing aids online and how the are getting on ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement