Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 DI-D Intense Model

• 08-06-2016 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey,

I have been thinking of upgrading car to a 2010/11 mazda3(1.6D) or mitsubishi lancer(1.8D).

From what I hear, both are pretty reliable cars but I am leaning more towards the lancer due to its slicker look.

Does anyone know what the cars are like?

Also when it comes to getting replacement parts & general servicing for the Lancer, I have heard the prices can be quite high? Is this correct?

In comparison with your standard ford/vw, etc, would parts be reasonably priced?

Dont want to have to potentially fork out a small fortune every time something goes wrong.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

I own a mitsubishi lancer(1.8D), bought from new. Haven't had anything go wrong in the 3 years that i owned it. Nice car to drive
    Sent car in for 60k service 2 weeks ago with main dealer and it cost me €124.
    Would have cost me that and more at local mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sully2389

great, thanks a mil, havent come across much people who actually own one so i appreciate your reply.

I would do alot of travelling with work, averaging around 500-600 miles per week.
    What is the fuel economy like?

I have read that the cabin noise can get quite loud at high speeds. Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

I get about 54 mpg, but do good bit of motorway driving.
    Can be bit of cabin noise but I always have radio turned up loud so never hear
    or notice it. :D
    Just take one out for test drive and see what you think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

sully2389 wrote: »
    Hey,

I have been thinking of upgrading car to a 2010/11 mazda3(1.6D) or mitsubishi lancer(1.8D).

From what I hear, both are pretty reliable cars but I am leaning more towards the lancer due to its slicker look.

Does anyone know what the cars are like?

Also when it comes to getting replacement parts & general servicing for the Lancer, I have heard the prices can be quite high? Is this correct?

In comparison with your standard ford/vw, etc, would parts be reasonably priced?

Dont want to have to potentially fork out a small fortune every time something goes wrong.

I have a 1.8 diesel lancer. I love it, you will find the engine to be quite loud but that didn't bother me.
    Mine is 2012 -280 tax for the year.

It has a timing chain so no need to worry about that and cruise control is decent. The interior is very comfy, as a short girl I don't find it too big inside its a comfortable car with a nice short clutch

€30 diesel I get around 500-600km driving in rush hour traffic morning and evening.

Parts are OK to come by, scrap yards often get them in. Be wary as lancer 2007 and older will not fit the new 2008 and newer models as the car is bigger. Parts are good price however, not that I've needed to replace much!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sully2389

Great, all my questions anwered :)
    I will take one for a test drive & see what I think..

Thanks very much for yer feedback Jenny & Brock.
    Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

sully2389 wrote: »
    Great, all my questions anwered :)
    I will take one for a test drive & see what I think..

Thanks very much for yer feedback Jenny & Brock.
    Much appreciated.

You will love it, the 1.8 has a 150bhp mivec engine ... Can really feel the kick in it! I love mine and it sits proudly beside my OHs 260bhp evo 4 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JonoTEVE

I’m thinking about getting a 1.8 D-ID lancer from what I’ve seen online they’re turbo’d, is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nearly every diesel engine out there for the last 15 to 20 years has been turbo charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well except for some VW ones but they were in there vans.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

And Peugeot/Citroen, just for a bit of balance..

• Advertisement
Advertisement