Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

See - Apple TV+ Original (***Spoilers***)

• 10-09-2019 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭

See, an epic world-building drama starring Jason Momoa and Alfre Woodard. The series hails from Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight, director Francis Lawrence
    In the far future, a virus has decimated humankind. Those who survived emerged blind.

Jason Momoa stars as Baba Voss, the father of twins born centuries later with the mythic ability to see—who must protect his tribe against a powerful yet desperate queen who believes it’s witchcraft and wants them destroyed. Alfre Woodard also stars as Paris, Baba Voss’ spiritual leader.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That doesn't look like it'll pull in many.

Apple just testing the waters/getting a feel for making a series?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks all right, nothing special and super gimmicky, so not seeing the potential for a series TBH. More like a Netflix movie vibe off it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I suspect a lot of Apple TV+ viewers will be on the one year free with an Apple device offer announced this evening - for however long it runs (although the small print makes it clear that you can only have it the once). At €5 a month and only a handful of shows (even less than what Prime Video launched with) and no third party content it’s going to be a very hard sell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

icdg wrote: »
    I suspect a lot of Apple TV+ viewers will be on the one year free with an Apple device offer announced this evening - for however long it runs (although the small print makes it clear that you can only have it the once). At €5 a month and only a handful of shows (even less than what Prime Video launched with) and no third party content it’s going to be a very hard sell.

I don't pay attention to those Apple love-in conferences; I hadn't realised they were launching with that little content? Is their selection of 3rd party stuff that poor?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

My understanding is that Apple TV+ won’t have any third party content at all. Just, at least at launch, a handful of original series (one report says as few as five at launch - apparently 30 or so in planning or production).

There is a separate “Apple TV Channels” but that is just a UI to allow you to access other people’s streaming video services. It’s actually already available, but for Irish people should be called “Apple TV Channel” because there is just one “channel” available, Starzplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watched the first episode of it today and quiet enjoyed it I must say.

There two more episodes there and then it will air weekly.

I enjoyed those 3 episodes it's nothing groundbreaking but it's fun.

The time jumps after episode 1 & 2 is a bit jarring considering only to of the cast age over nearly two decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Watched the three episodes today - enjoyed them I must say. Good production value, decent enough storey, will be happy to stick with this (if we decide to keep apples streaming service)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I struggle with the scenes with the Queen, don't really know what is going on half the time with her.

Overall though it's enjoyable enough. The action scenes are very well done. The critics marked it down for violence which is not a valid criticism imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Unearthly wrote: »
    I struggle with the scenes with the Queen, don't really know what is going on half the time with her.

Overall though it's enjoyable enough. The action scenes are very well done. The critics marked it down for violence which is not a valid criticism imo.

She is depicting herself as a Messiah who believes the human race were punished with blindness for what they did centuries before, she's a religious zealout and mad to boot.
    I'm finding the show pretty good so far,the nods to the past scattered around are very good such the bike in the middle of a tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the plastic bottles still being around after centuries are funny

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

$15 million an episode to make :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I don't see that on screen

No spoilers but episode 4 explains the queen's obsession with the kids and how she's so nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Got renewed for a season 2 along with all the other Apple shows

Nice twist at the end of this weeks episode to keep the story moving alone nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've been enjoying this in general but a couple of things about the world they have built bug me a little. The major one is how easy they seem to navigate. The witchfinder guy seems to be able to find his way easily from village to village. How exactly is he doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I guess they can't have it too realistic with all the blind guys tripping over each other in the woods. Really liking hoew they fleshed out the world and the mothers storyline.

I've been enjoying this in general but a couple of things about the world they have built bug me a little. The major one is how easy they seem to navigate. The witchfinder guy seems to be able to find his way easily from village to village. How exactly is he doing that?

500 odd years of adaptation,they have trackers and dogs with them. They showed this in the first episode before the original battle.
    The latest episode really gives another couple of twists in the tale.

Batista joins the cast for season 2.

• Advertisement

Duncan MacLeod (Adrian Paul ) joins the cast for season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I only just recently finished this and have to say that I really enjoyed it. I don't get the criticism labeled at it at all. After an episode or two of getting to grips with the world and characters, I was fully invested.

I read today on the thread for Warrior (tv show) that Jonathan Tropper is taking over as showrunner for season 2 of this and that has me even more excited. Although with production stalled now, who knows when season 2 will actually kick off....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

How to do are the twins meant to be from episode 3 on?

I know the two actors are mid-20s but they look much younger

When the Witchfinder General returns to the Queen having failed to find them it is said that he has been collecting taxes for 20 years. I’m guessing he was already out several years doing that when he was ordered to hunt the fugitives because the neither of twins behave like teenagers not adults.

Renewed for a 3rd season ahead of the start of season 2 on August 27th.

Season 2 Trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

very violent

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Really enjoying this show - nice story and acting and the blind aspect is done pretty well I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

its a good show with a bonkers concept and over-the-top villains. Pity isn't better known. Season 2 has started off well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Why is the son so into incest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Final episode was great - the battles scenes were really good alas most of it was so dark I couldn't make out a lot of what was happening

What is it with tv shows these days being so damn dark you've no idea who is talking or what is going on? Full HD stream on a full HD screen

Advertisement