Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

1204205206207208210»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

IUA14 wrote: »
    Foley did a near two hour episode on Dara Quilty's Different podcast and it was very in depth but excellent listening.

Really good listen thanks for the recommendation.

It’s sad that he really hates Boards I don’t blame him this thread at the start was vicious. And still not great now but it’s a lot better.

Muireann did call this place a sess pit as well on 6 bits :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭ofcork

IUA14 wrote: »
    That the show was/is in a state of flux...Jay leaving in Feb and then they pretty much went into doing a Covid version of the show and now they are trying to figure out what the show looks like in a back to school world. Have to say I think Ray and Laura bounce off each other better than him and Ciara do...this is all new so willing to give it a chance.

Ciara probably sore she got moved off neil p show as soon as brenda came back.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Breakfast at RedFM is now the number 1 breakfast show in Cork. They must have gained some numbers this quarter.

The show has certainly bounced back lately and Ray and Laura have great chemistry together.

Ray is having fun again on air and you can hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ancient_priest

Loughc wrote: »
    Breakfast at RedFM is now the number 1 breakfast show in Cork. They must have gained some numbers this quarter.

The show has certainly bounced back lately and Ray and Laura have great chemistry together.

Ray is having fun again on air and you can hear it.

Yes have had a look at the cork numbers. Incredibly close between Red and 96Fm. Not much in it to speak of really. Going to be interesting in the next 6-12 months to see if either can make a move and push ahead. 3k between the breakfast shows is minimal. Both losing out to RTÉ R1 for the reasons many have discussed

Begs the bigger question — how long will it take music radio to bounce back from the shift to talk/information ?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Could you share the numbers hows Neil v Pj .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭smallfridge

PJ is on 76,000 and Neil is 75,000 according to the Examiner.

Fairly close with both increasing since this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

The podcast has completely disappeared from my feed and is not showing up in the store. Just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

They're still showing for me under Breakfast with Ray.....

Synode wrote: »
    They're still showing for me under Breakfast with Ray.....

Same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Loughc wrote: »
    Same for me.

Huh, weird, I still can't find it. Not even Neil Prenderville or anything from Red FM is showing up. I've had a bit of a google and apparently it's Apple's problem and it should reappear in a few days. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

No Foley on the show last week or again this week, is he gone? It’s unlikely he took 2 weeks off out of school term.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭corks finest

That boys fingers in a lot of pies so who knows

Foley's foolish decision to agree to moving to 98fm breakfast most cause him sleepiness nights, had he Sayed put on lunchtime Today FM a little longer, he'd probably have got 9am when Darcy moved to RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

He's coming back to national radio!

Do we update the name of thread, or start a new one?

Advertisement