Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test booking invitation

• 28-08-2021 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

I got an invitation to book my test but the only slots available are too soon (12 days) and I still want to do a few more lessons.

does anyone know if I keep my place in the waiting list if I don’t book one of those slots? I don’t want to be put to the back of the list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sadlil

My invitation expired at 28th Aug 2021 after 10 days and I am now in waiting list again. The agent on the call said it might be 4 to 8 weeks before I get back another invitation. They had multiple iteration of the software and you have to call them to check the status of your application, sometimes they might need to put you back in the waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭SteveAdti

Did you apply for an Essential worker test . I was led to believe that if you applied for a normal test that they let you pick 4-5 weeks ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭brio09

i got the email today, booked for 23 days from now, which was the latest I could book. its been a while since I drove or took tests so need to definitely spend time urgently to drive around

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

I got an invite today to book a driving test, unfortunately I have fallen off the wagon the last 6 weeks or so in terms of getting out & will need lessons (if I can get them, another problem).

I believe if you don't reply within the 10 days you can reapply to be added back to the waiting list to where you were in the queue.

https://rsa.powerappsportals.com/waiting-list-rejoin-request/

my spouse got email invite yesterday and the date ranges one could book were oct 14 to nov 4th. spouse had registered in july.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Can I ask what test centre and if your spouse is an essential worker? Trying to get an idea of how quickly people are now being invited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

I got this email myself and can only book in up to 5th of November. I definitely need to take some lessons beforehand and everywhere I'm contacting are booked out 😅

Been on the waiting list since April, you'd think I'd be more prepared but it just felt like I'd be waiting forever so I was totally lacksi daisy about the whole thing 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Didn’t book it but got an email off RSA to say I’m still on the list and need to fill in a form when I’m ready to book it 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I finished my EDT near end of Aug-21 and then I booked my test on 2-Sep-21.

The invitation came in suddenly on 13-Oct (after i was annoyed to hear that if you booked after Sep-21 you are looking at Feb/Apr-2022 for exams), and the schedules allow me to book a date in the next 3 weeks (mid Oct - first week of Nov). I prefer Finglas as thats where I know best, but it wont be available until first week of Nov. So I chose Charlestown for 26Oct - I knew this is a new test centre and more or less the same area anyway.

Honestly i saw that they are not that busy yesterday...i bet they could have sped up the exams but ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Post edited by Gamb!t on

• Advertisement

dun laoghaire in dublin and not an essential worker

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MCA9527

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone rejoined the waiting list and if they were put to the back of the queue or did they keep their place after rejoining ?

I’m worried that I might not be ready for my test when I get the invitation and wondering if I could rejoin the queue without having to wait another 6 months.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 drogcam

I had to cancel my test due to covid and about a week or so later I got an email inviting me to book a date for the test again. Maybe I was just lucky but it does appear you keep your place in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MCA9527

Oh that’s good! Thanks! Assuming you didn’t reschedule a date and had to rejoin the queue when you cancelled? Hopefully it’s the same when you rejoin the queue after the invitation expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 racl96

Hi, can I ask if this was the case for you in the end?

Advertisement