Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Employee attendance check

• 12-10-2021 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi,

I live in a shared house and we all pay for a cleaner. Two people said the cleaner did not turn up last week but the cleaner said they did!

Anybody got a clever idea on how to keep tabs on the hours the cleaner does?

Ideally a free app or something, I have not been able to find anything so far!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

May sound like smart answer, but is the House clean?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,919 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Words escape me which is probably a good thing 🧐🧐🧐🧐

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Why not to hang a list with dates so a cleaner just come, clean and sign it's done? Ideally, best if one of the housemates let a cleaner in so they see with their own eyes 👀 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

If the cleaner was obliging you could ask they use Google maps and 'share my location' option on Google maps. It can be set to share the location for a specific period of time, she can then share that location with you. Tells you her phone is in your place at least.

That or the paper option.

Ask them to take a photo of the kitchen and send it to you when they're done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sekond

I would have thought it was fairly obvious whether the cleaner had showed up or not?! I've had a cleaner a few times over the years, and even when I was living alone, out at work all the time and barely making any mess in the house, it was always really obvious when she had been.

I'd suggest finding a new cleaner that you trust rather than trying to "track" the one you have. Once you get into the state of checking up on them like that, it's obvious to them that you don't trust them, and I can't see that making life any easier.

Is it because of laziness to put a signature? Wow, good luck at your work with such an attitude.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I think you do the cleaner an injustice, I expect they'd well able to explain themselves without the need to resort to abusive language as you seem to need to do.

Wait a sec.

Are you telling me that a cleaner need to explain themselves for not installing a tracker on there phone for the customer to track their movements, asking the cleaner to take photo evidence of the clean rooms, signing in.

yes my answer stands but consider you are employing me, I would have you in front of the WRC first.

• Advertisement

if your employer told you to put a tracker on your phone so they can keep tabs on you, your fine with that?

I trust my cleaner, but I always know when she leaves because she texts me so I can turn the house alarm on remotely.

I also have a ring camera, so I get a motion notification when she leaves! (but that is not why I got a camera!!) .

Would something like that work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,047 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

If you cannot tell from looking at the house whether it has been cleaned or not, why are you employing a cleaner?

Plenty of solutions at work already in place: check in and out on enter and exit to the work place, login and logoff on computer/cash till etc.

Legally, employers have the right to ask employees to sign or verify in other ways, as employers are obliged by the law to keep these records.

The Organisation of Working Time Act (1997) requires employers to record the starting time, finishing time, hours worked each day, hours worked each week, leave taken.

Depending on the nature of business and the way it's organised, sometimes employers can do these records without any of the employees help, but that's not always the case. Employers do put then the internal rules, procedures and guidelines within the company and the employees should comply.

Advertisement