Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Broken driver

Options
  • 11-10-2021 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

Hi all

sorry if this is the wrong place but I broke my driver.

the head has come off the shaft.

is it repairable or replaceable?

if so how much would you expect to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

If it happened in a normal swing I'd take a chance and email Taylormade, they've been known to replace drivers with a new one.

Probably need a new shaft if you fix it and they can remove the bits of the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Thanks Dan

I bought it second hand. I doubt they’d take it back no?

is there anywhere in Galway that would replace the shaft and take out the bits

if so typically what would you be expected to pay?

Odysessy sent me a new putter when the face fell out of my second hand 7 so you never know, was a few years ago though.

Just seen its an SLDR, the shaft can be removed with the screw on the bottom of them, maybe give it a shot? Just need to use one of these

If it comes out any shaft from a Taylormade right hand driver will fit if its removable from R11 all the way to the new Sim drivers I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

That will be too old a model for them to consider replacing. Anything over 18 months old is past it in general. Unscrew it and you will be able to grab a shaft on eBay for well under 100e. Make note of the adapter, as every brand is different. Also the flex and weight. Try to match them with what you had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

went into golf style in galway and they fetched a demo shaft and put it on for 75€

Have to say they were brilliant to deal with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,008 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I think the SLDR is a different fit from the previous models. Afaik, it's the same as the M series upwards. I had a SLDR and an R11 at one stage and I'm fairly sure I couldn't swap the shafts.

Sorry your right, it was the R15 I was thinking of. I think anything older than the R1 uses the older sleeve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

They are normally brilliant to deal with. Not much of an online presence but if you are in Galway it's worth calling in there.

Advertisement