Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group water scheme and details, how to find out whats in place?

• 06-10-2021 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find out, how to find out what kind of water supply is at a house I'm interested to buy, have been told water is mains, but I don't know now if that means it's mains supply from the council/IW OR a group scheme mains, and if the latter if it is council run or a private group.

How do I go about finding out? agent just says it's mains supply, but the house, while near other detached properties is on a road away from any estates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Toby22

Hi, call Irish Water and they will tell you who your water mains is connected to.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Toby22

I had a problem with brown water from my cold tap in a holiday home only recently bought. I rang Irish Water and they told me who to contact, local water group scheme

I just tried IW and the CoCo of the area, efficiency or effectiveness do not seem to be in their repertoire

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

your best bet is actually to call into a neighbour and spark up a conversation

I thought I should reply with an update, it may be relevant for others, once I got through to the right person in the CoCo they were very helpful and were able to provide me with details and a map, so in fairness they came through in the end. The problem imo with that CoCo and others is their websites can be a maze and calling them on the phone I got passed from one person to the next who did not know how to answer or if even they could answer. So ringing through to their switch I was passed to wrong people, incorrect depts and offices, even people wondering to me why IW were passing me over to them, so it does seem like some people in the CoCos dont even know what they do and cover.

IW on the other hand don't seem to be able to provide any information other than to pass me to the CoCo, it felt like someone just came in off the street and answered a ringing phone, so other than directing me to the CoCo, they didn't have any answers.

Advertisement