Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When can I switch insurance

• 09-10-2021 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Bought a used commercial vehicle privately today

Seller will send off change of ownership form Monday

Can I switch insurance Monday morning from existing vehicle or do I need to wait to get change of ownership form in the post?

Thanks for advice

Comments

Presuming you drove it today, you should have done it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭irishguy19772

Well I drove it under sellers open insurance you condescending twat . Not what I had asked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

No he's right.

The minute you bought and drove he had no insurable interest in the car.

You could and should really have insured it from that time

I apologize so. Sincerely. Long day sorry

Talk about an overreaction...

Technically you're currently driving it uninsured. Avoid the cops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Change of ownership process completed not needed. If you intend to tax it commercially your insurer may insist on a new policy and not a continuation of your current private car with the vehicle changed. If privately taxed they should be able to continue your private car policy on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is your current insurance policy on a car? Some insurance companies won't transfer an existing private policy over to a commercial vehicle permanently. You should check with your insurance company first thing Monday morning and I wouldn't drive the commercial vehicle until you can get clarity that you are actually insured to drive it.

Have an existing commercial policy....

Thanks for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Should be just a straight transfer over so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement