Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

car space

• 09-10-2021 7:46pm

............................................... ..............

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Have you actually spoken to either the house owner or the couple?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

I'm very sorry OP, but wtf.. seriously.

If I was you I would buy driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hairy123

So you don't want to park in the driveway and you don't want anyone else to park there either? You are being totally unreasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭peter4918

By your own admission you parked outside because of bird droppings and told the landlord so, the other people decided to park their cars in there. What’s the problem?

No I have not spoken to anyone... Especially the house owner, because im afraid she might possibly say well its your loss. You choose to park outside on the road because of the birds dropping on your car. Do you know what i mean ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Nope😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Is the problem that you now want to park back in the driveway? If so, and you are entitled to do so, just ask those who are using 'your' space to move.

Do you have sole use of the space though? If you do then you could insist that no one parks in it, even if you park on the street. It could be considered odd behaviour but, if I'm honest, Ive done odder in my time!

............................................................ ............................................... .......................

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 81,055 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You let 'your' space go, you were taking up the 'reserved' space in the driveway and the one it was parked in outside. The couple made the sensible move. Birds should be gone before end of the month if you want to take it back casually.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

This is not a rational reason not to speak to the people involved about it; and there is no resolution that does not involve speaking to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Like a dog growling over a bone he doesn't want lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

Robbed?! You stopped using it so someone else did. Grow up and talk to the people involved.

Unless the landlord agreed you had exclusive right to the extra space in the driveway or it is somehow included in your lease I honestly think this is your own tough luck.

Otherwise, if they are renting rooms in the same house as you they are as entitled to use the driveway as you are, regardless of who has lived there the longest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭billyhead

When one of their cars is gone from the driveway just move you're car in. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

OMG and you post this in personal issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭passatman86

You should write a lettet to the couple you share a house with explaining your concerns - if you know their address that is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

First of all, not taughts, but thoughts.

Secondly, you did mind the bird but not you don't?

How old are you - eight?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Must have been some wallop of bird sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

I love when people make a balls of correcting other people's grammar.

Well, if you care little about your native language and not even know at least one more, than you're pretty much underqualified and ignorant. English is one of the easiest languages to learn - learn it properly if you don't even know other languages. We're in Europe - people here normally know more than one language. Lazy and ignorant? Disrespectful to your own language?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

You're living there 7 years so we can assume you're at least 7. Once you reach your teenage years you will realise that your reaction here is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I'd leave a little note on their windscreen

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭chrisd2019

Some issues are best resolved in real life rather than on the internet :)

Firstly and most importantly do you have some type of agreement with the property owner that your rent is for the room and the parking place in the driveway?

Secondly, the use of parking on the public road anywhere is first come first served and of course subject to parking legally and safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

I don't think you have a leg to stand on when it comes to grammar, so shush.

Do you have at least one diploma? Or just qualified to shush others online?

Advertisement