Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hell Let Loose

• 30-09-2021 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Anyone really looking forward to this being released on console? Have not stopped looking at footage of it in the last few days. Does anyone know if it is crossplay or if there is a clan here for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Hell Let Loose will have cross-play between PS5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles. However, those on PC won’t be able to play with their friends if they are on consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Good, I don't mind playing against other console players, but was never a fan against PC players, especially in FPS's, I do believe they have an advantage with the KB&M (unfounded as it may be). But I am looking forward to this. A good snag for PS+ I reckon. Haven't played a good shooter game in a while, thought the last few CoD's and BF's were meh at best. And while I am sick of the setting, being a "sim" should make it a bit different at least. Going in blind mind you, aside from a few short clips I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

So release is tomorrow. Cant wait. Been looking to get in on a slow burner mil sim for a while now. If we get a few people interested we could start a clan here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw this has 38k replies and thought Jesus this thread has taken off :) will def give this a go. I find the cod games too fast which can be fun sometimes but feel like I'm just sprinting to my death. Slow approach sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Now available to download. Only 7.8gb

• Advertisement

Im Only seeing 7? Including mine? I have never had a thread THAT popular lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, was showing 38k views for me and then I posted, went to the actual count. Good Ol' new boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Hell Let Loose is excellent but a really radical shift from COD or Battlefield.

There's another game called 'Enlisted' that's something in between COD and Hell Let Loose. A lot more detailed and realistic than Battlefield or COD, but not as hardcore as HLL. It's very good, split into four historic settings 1940-1945 with their own era accurate vehicles/weapons. It's free to play, though fairly grindy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Corvo

Gave HLL a good going today, never got past the Rifleman class as it was pretty overwhelming as it is before you start considering the benefits and roles that other classes can have.

You will die a lot, you'll probably kill a lot too due to the time to kill aspect. Its a pretty stunning looking game and the locations/maps are wonderful. Theres a nice weight to you while you run through mud, switching weapons etc. so simple movements such as bandaging and repositioning from one area to another brings quite a bit of tension.

Really enjoyed it but its very very difficult. I imagine that would be eased by playing in a squad that communicates.

Its un-nervingly realistic as well. The fact that there is no hit markers or kill notifications add to this as well. My first kill was so weird..the guy just slumped over. No pizazz no crazy kill announcement, he just folded

• Advertisement

oh add me guys if you wanna get a group together and co-ordinate a bit

DeadlyByDesign1 (PSN)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think the realism of this will put a lot of people off. It seems to be quite good at what it does, but the adrenaline junkies won't move from CoD/BF because it's too slow and requires actual teamwork, and not just your team, the whole side you're on nearly has to work together (which makes sense). Having played the BF beta, HLL is not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

i love ww2 and this game is class ! brutal and realistic . i was genuinely scared at one stage 😂it's a nice change of pace to battlefield 2042 & warzone .

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭CptMonkey

This game is hard as nails. Is there anyway to see how many you killed ?

enjoyable with communication alright tho

evo81987 if anyone fancies a few games on ps5

Many here playing?.

Really need to be playing with regulars I think, it would give it more purpose and help bedding in(just got it so learning the ropes).

Since you need to use in game chat the crossplay means either console is fine.

I'm GilbertoGalway(Xbox) add up if anyone's playing or throw up theirs.

Advertisement